incomplete. unedited.

Cleaning up my station, my eyes darted between my hand motions and the stage. New acts come in and out. Some are famous and some are not. I never seen someone so minor pull in such a large following. Was I missing something? Had this random been around and I'd been so out of the loop to notice.

"You know who the new guy is?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Don't know," I pull up out a glass to give the illusion I want a drink. "Can I get you anything?"

"Yeah, give me a vodka and sprite." As I toss and turn his drink, I'm still watching the stage. Who could it be?

The light were dim and it was a green outline walking across the metallic contraption. It wasn't easy to make out the figure, something in the back of my head told me it was a man. They had to be a man walking like that! Whoever it was felt like they were the shit and it oozed out in their physical presence. He must be good at whatever he's about to do.

Placing the drink in front of me, I notice that the bar is empty today

Placing the drink in front of me, I notice that the bar is empty today. That's kind of weird. Everybody was on the dance floor or smothered against the stage. This guy hadn't even started singing yet and he had everyone on lock! Silly me for not checking the roster of who booked the stage.

A woman runs up to the bar and throws down a twenty dollar bill. "Vodka and sprite, please make it quick! Keep the change!" I follow her orders with the money between my fingers. "Can't you move any faster?" She asks as I shook her requested concoction.

"What's the rush?" I ask.

She looked at me like I head not one head but two! Her voice raised up an octave, "Don't you see who's about to be on that stage?" She yelled as I slid her the drink. The woman grabbed it and sped off.

I shrug and say to myself, "Nope."