The Question Game

The air was a bit chilly that night. And the breeze was subtle, yet still relaxing as it blew through Keith's hair.

Friday had rolled around yet again, and this time, the Lions were in unfamiliar territory. The crowd was roaring out cheers as they took down the Husky defense easily. It was almost pitiful, the Lions were winning 28-3, and the points just kept coming.

Keith felt like an absolute idiot, but every time Lance threw for a touchdown, he jumped up and down couple times while shaking his pompoms. He, quite ironically, was more enthusiastic than any of the other cheerleaders despite his mixed feelings about the quarterback at the time.

There was only about a minute left until half time, and Keith could feel his heart beating faster in anticipation. He was about to fly a basket toss in front of everyone in the stands. His stunt group had been working on them all week, and he seemed to have it down pretty well. Keith had gone really high in the few practice stunts prior to the game, so the squad had high hopes he could nail it.

The clock wound down, and Lance found himself smiling as the first half of the game came to a close. He took off his helmet and wiped some sweat away from his forehead. The rest of the football players were on their way back to the locker room, but he hung back. He watched the cheerleaders take formation on the orange-ish colored, out dated track.

Keith didn't smile like his fellow squad members, rather, he wore a straight face as the other stunt groups put up smaller, less attention grabbing things. His group was in the middle, so it was only natural that most people focused on what they were doing. He held his breath while loading into the platform made up of hands, and he was lifted until the bases couldn't reach anymore. Keith was in the air. Nobody touching him as he went way higher than in practice, he didn't close his eyes though he really wanted to.

Lance watched in awe about how high up Keith was, and his stomach was tied in knots just at the sight. His mind raced a mile a minute. Sure, the flying thing looked really awesome, but he would eventually have to come back down. Lance wasn't sure why he was such a nervous wreck about it.

Keith started falling towards the track again, thankful that gravity was doing its job. He might've hated heights just little. Okay, a lot. But it was either this or be kicked out of school, so he was stuck.

He felt the girls absorb his weight upon being caught, and the ground had never seemed so close before then. Allura had a very tight grip on Keith's uniform, almost yanking him, and Shannon had barely caught him. He nearly slipped right through, but thank god their captain had enough strength to save it. That stunt could've gone really wrong, really fast.

Lance noticed how one of the bases had pretty much lost their grip on Keith, and he had a practical heart attack. But when the omega stood up out of their hands, he could finally breathe again.

" Lance, you coming?" Hunk nudged his teammate's shoulder. He had a bright shining smile on his face.

" Y-yeah." Lance hesitated, before turning and walking with him.

The Lions won the game after scoring two more touchdowns, but then again, there wasn't much competition to play against. After everyone was out of their uniforms, the buses pulled around to the front of school. Lance was eager to be on the same bus as the cheerleaders, which was allowed since all the football players couldn't fit on one bus anyways.

Allura was very aware that Lance would try to sit by her, and frankly, she didn't want to deal with it. The second she saw him and Hunk coming towards the bus, she scurried aboard, pretty much dragging Shannon with her.

She sat by the window, and pulled Shannon to sit next to her.

" What was all that about?" The brown haired cheerleader rubbed her wrist that Allura had pulled a little too forcefully.