New Beginnings

The sound of plates clinking together sounded from the kitchen as they all sat in the last booth; Lance's favorite. Since he got to choose where they went, he'd picked La Cocina Grandioso. And Keith was content with his choice as him and his boyfriend sat in one side, with Shiro staring at them from the other.

The omega sipped on his lemonade loudly, and there was a very awkward silence in spite of the noise he made.

" What?" Keith raised an eyebrow.

" What have I told you about manners?" Shiro facepalmed, laying his menu flat on the table. And the little brother just rolled his eyes. " So are you guys going to talk? I've been waiting over a week for this..." Keith said, and he leaned on Lance's shoulder.

Since his heat ended two days earlier, they were finally able leave the house to do this, but there wasn't a point if nobody talked.

The football player cleared his throat.

" So... Shiro... what do you do for a living?" Lance asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere. Despite Shiro apologizing, things were still awkward.

" I work in the biochemical sector of an aerospace operations company." The older alpha was very wordy for some reason.

" Basically, he works at the local Garrison branch." Keith swirled the ice cubes around his glass while explaining better.

" Oh, well that's really cool. I've always thought going to space would be so awesome." Lance smiled, and he almost jumped when the omega gripped his hand under the table. But he settled in, and their fingers intertwined in a supportive, comforting motion.

" Me too..." Keith fondly smiled. He sincerely hoped that this dinner would go better; it couldn't exactly go worse than last time right?

" Lance, you should tell me more about yourself. What is your family life like?" Shiro questioned, and Lance's face lit up at the mention of his family.

" It's great, they're all so amazing." He grinned. " My Mamá, Camila is really sweet and she does such a good job handling all of us."

" All of us?" The older alpha asked.

" My siblings, I mean. I'm the oldest of four, so when my parents are at work, I'm in charge." Lance shook his head, but he was smiling as he thought about how much fun his little brothers and sister could be. " Veronica is the second oldest, she's a little sassy sometimes, but then again she is thirteen so." He laughed, and he saw that Shiro was attentively listening, and waiting for him to talk more. " And Marco and Luis are my little brothers, they're twins and can be quite the handful. They're both seven years old, and really the sweetest kids I've ever met."

Keith was beyond overjoyed at how well this was going so far. Lance seemed to be really having a decent time, and he didn't look as uncomfortable as he had earlier.

" That's awesome." Shiro smiled and folded up his menu. " I really mean that, sorry if I sounded sarcastic just then." He frantically corrected himself, not wanting to mess anything up.

" N-no... you're completely fine." Lance said, still calm and collected.

It was a couple minutes later, and after they had ordered, the conversation continued. Keith didn't want to interrupt too much, mainly because his brother and Lance were getting along splendidly.

" What do you want to do for a job?" Shiro asked.

" Well... I'm not quite sure yet." The football player pursed his lips, thinking for a second. " I just know that I want to be close to the ocean. Marine biology would be something cool to go into, but I'm not the best at science so..." He trailed off. " But either way, I want to do something with the ocean."