The Bet

(( Smut and secondhand embarrassment warning. This is the last nsfw scene you guys are going to get for a while. *nervous and scared laughter* I figured you guys might want one before things get... heavy... and angsty. There might be one chapter in between this and the chapter I'm warning about... maybe not. I haven't decided yet, but either way, there is some serious sadness down the road of this fan fiction. If it makes you all feel better, this book will eventually have a relatively happy ending... and possibly a sequel...))

Lance was improving everyday, getting happier with every sunset that passed without incident. Things were steadily returning to normal for him and Keith as Halloween approached.

" Come on. You know the deal, we go to the party, I choose the costumes~" Lance smirked at Keith as they lay sprawled out on the omega's bed. They were currently surfing a website for costumes, and Lance was enjoying it way too much.

" I'm not walking out of this house wearing THAT." Keith narrowed his eyes at the other boy, who was looking at a very suggestive one. And by suggestive, it was practically underwear.

" Fine... then I know what we're dressing up as." The larger male had a shit eating grin, and it honestly scared Keith. What was he planning now?

" You're going to be my Playboy Bunny, and I get to be the Playboy~" He whispered, following it with a mischievous chuckle.

" Um... why?" Keith cringed even thinking about it. " Are you a furry or something?"

Lance gasped.

" No. I just think it'd be cute." The alpha seemed almost offended that Keith had asked that. Cause... gross... just gross. " You with bunny ears and a fluffy little tail, then me wearing a suit and everything."

" No way." Keith turned up his nose, folding his arms.

" Why not?" Lance whined, nudging his boyfriend lightly. " Pleeeaassseee?"

" Because I said so." He shook his head. Leave it to Lance to pick the most sexual, suggestive costumes ever. Their friends already thought that they were horndogs as it was.

" What do I have to do to change your mind, Princess?" Lance raised an eyebrow at him. And Keith was surprised to say the least. It had been almost a week since they'd really done anything besides make out.

The omega didn't answer. Keith could only look at Lance, wondering if he was implying something dirty or not. It could be hard to tell with him sometimes.

" Keith..." He slid his hand over to cup Keith's face. " Agree to wear the costume with me."

" No." The smaller boy answered quickly. " Nothing you can do will change my mind."

" Wanna bet?" Lance leered at him while nearing their faces together. Keith gulped.

...

Shiro was downstairs, flipping through some old photo albums he'd put together. With Halloween in a couple days, he was reminded of the costumes he'd worn with his brother over the many years of their childhood.

As he turned the laminated pages, the pictures brought back so many memories.

The first picture had Keith as a toddler, wearing a hippopotamus onesie. He'd always loved hippos, and Shiro decided to match with him by wearing the same thing. He was nine then, and holding Keith in his arms.

The next one featured the two of them as cowboys, wearing bandannas and hats along with fringed vests. Keith was bigger than he was in the previous picture, like it had skipped a couple years. And Shiro couldn't help but laugh a little. In this picture, Keith's smile was wide even though he only had one front tooth at the time.