Distraught

(( Apparently there was some confusion on the last chapter. I didn't want to drag opinions into this, but yes, I believe it's up to Keith what he does with the baby. It's his body, his choice. That's all I'm going to say about that.))

Keith's hand was in tremors as he stared at the mound of pills atop his palm. Take these and there wouldn't be a problem. Just an easy way to pretend this never happened.

He was crying harshly, knowing that it would be so wrong to just kill their child without Lance even knowing it existed. What kind of a person would do that to their boyfriend? Not Keith. In that moment, he made a choice that was going to change his life forever.

He dumped the pills into the toilet, quickly flushing them away.

Keith couldn't do it. Not to Lance, not to himself. This was his child, his responsibility. That tiny, helpless creature didn't even know what it felt like to breathe, or to be held, or anything. It only knew how to trust that its parent would keep it safe.

In that moment Keith had chosen a long and dangerous road to travel. One filled with plenty of pain, and little moments to share with Lance along the way. One filled with dirty diapers, and late nights. He couldn't betray the little life inside of him that knew nothing better than to trust him.

Shiro was going to kill them. Keith was very aware of that as he dried his tears with the bathroom towel. Lance would... wait. What would Lance do? Keith didn't even know if he'd be pissed or really anything else. He just stared down at his tummy, holding his hand to it. Their baby.

Keith knew it wasn't ideal, being pregnant in high school. He'd be lying if he said he was happy, or that he was excited to find this out. But... he wasn't willing to terminate his pregnancy. If Lance wanted him to, that might tip the scale, but that was the only way. If Lance wanted this child, any talk of abortion was out the window.

...

Lance was so confused. He felt this sort of... energy. Like it was just trying to pull him in the direction of Keith's house.

As he sat on the park bench, hearing the leaves on the adjacent tree rustle in the wind, he was so puzzled. His alpha instincts were going absolutely crazy, almost like they would've if Keith was in danger. He'd come to this place, the spot where they'd spent their first date, in hopes of clearing his head.

Lance pulled out his phone, seeing that the only notifications he had were from the group chat with his friends. He didn't check it. What mattered was that there weren't any messages from Keith like there normally would've been. That was the most concerning thing.

He pressed the call button under Keith's contact, and his leg was restlessly bouncing up and down as he struggled to find a comfortable sitting position. The dial tone continuously rung, and with every time it went without being answered, the levels of anxiousness inside of Lance doubled. Of course Keith wasn't feeling good, and maybe he was just sleeping or something, but that wasn't a good enough excuse to appease his instincts.

...

Keith glanced down at his phone, seeing Lance was calling him, and his beautiful face popped up on the screen. It only made Keith more emotional, but he tried his best to get it together. Lance would probably get worried if he didn't answer, considering the omega was pretty much on his phone 24/7.

He sniffed, wiping his face and shakily reaching for the phone.

" Hello?" Keith answered, straining himself to seem perfectly fine.

" Keith?" Lance's blood pressure immediately starting dropping from dangerous levels as he heard his boyfriend's voice.

" Who were you expecting?" Keith sarcastically asked.