Choices

(( I don't take Spanish, so I enlisted the help of one of my best friends. I'm going off of what she told me, so if I make a grammatical error I am so sorry, I don't know the difference. We tried! Also... this chapter is a lot. Like seriously. Angst warning!))

Shiro wasn't the happiest with Keith for rushing them out of there. Because hey, God forbid he might like to say hi to Lance's parents. But he'd mellowed out somewhat, wanting to take it easy on Keith since he wasn't feeling the best.

Keith was in his room, getting ready for the dinner. And after a second shower to get off all the sweat, he was feeling so horrible. His head was throbbing as he got into a fresh pair of boxers, and it felt like someone was continuously working his stomach on a taffy puller. He'd taken some ibuprofen, but it wasn't seeming to have much of an effect on him.

Keith tried to blow it off as he rooted through his closet, avoiding any overly revealing clothes. He didn't want to seem like he was showing off his body to everyone. And it wasn't just because of how important the first impression on Lance's parents was. Keith felt like Lance was the only one who was allowed to see him. And that was a completely different attitude than he'd had a few weeks earlier when they'd gone out on the lake.

He grabbed a red and black flannel, deciding it was casual, yet not too formal for the occasion. And as he put his arms through it and stood in front of the mirror, Keith noticed something. His nipples, which were usually small, pink buds on his chest, were... bigger. He would've gone so far as to call them swollen as he looked down to examine them.

Keith felt at one, gasping from how tender it was.

" What the fuck?" The omega whispered to himself, becoming very very scared. His first thought was to go tell Shiro. About the claim mark, about everything. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. Keith's eyes teared up. No. He wasn't a little kid anymore. He couldn't just go running to his brother for help.

He tried to take a couple deep breaths, keep it together. Keith would have to leave for Lance's in about ten minutes, and he had to finish getting dressed. All he could do was pretend that his chest wasn't unbelievably sensitive as he buttoned up his shirt. He was just being over dramatic, or that's what Keith tried to tell himself. His fears were just thrashing around in his head, making it hurt even more than it already did.

Keith wanted Lance. He needed a hug right then, and some duct tape to keep his mouth shut.

...

Lance was waiting outside the house when Keith showed up. He'd decided to walk there, being that he felt too sick to get on his motorcycle right then.

" Hey, Babe..." Lance came down, wrapping Keith up in a hug. He stroked his omega's hair, kissing his cheek affectionately. Keith was really controlling himself, trying his best not to breathe a word to Lance. He just buried his face into his boyfriend's neck, taking comfort in the reassuring scent he had. " I know you lied to me earlier." Lance rubbed his back.

Keith jumped back, letting his eyes grow wide.

" Me? Lie? About what?!" He frantically asked. And Lance looked at him like he was nuts.

" When you told me you were feeling better...? I can tell. You even smell different." The alpha said, wondering how he even needed to remind Keith that he'd been throwing up earlier.

" Oh..." Keith visibly relaxed somewhat. " Yeah... but you won't rat me out, will you?"

" Just try not to puke all over the table, okay?" Lance teased him. Keith felt like he was going crazy, like everything everyone said was just one step closer to them figuring him out. He didn't even know what was happening, but if it was what he thought, then Keith had good reason to be worried.