Only Me

Keith was one of those people who had a million alarms set on his phone, with each about a minute apart. Mainly because if he didn't, he'd never get out of bed. And he also took the liberty of picking the most annoying ringtone ever, it frustrated him so much that he had to get out of bed just to shut the thing down. He fumbled with his phone for a second before switching all of the alarms off.

Keith sighed with a tiredness weighing on his breath, he was beyond sleep deprived. Being that he had snuck downstairs in the middle of the night and stayed up way later than Shiro normally would've let him. But that part didn't matter, he didn't want another dream like that, not again. It was bad enough he had to see Lance at school all day, and at practices, and in the locker room. Literally everywhere. He couldn't round a corner without running into him, or so it seemed. He thought maybe he could get a break during his sleep right? Well no, because Lance was all he could think about. Keith cursed his brain for not calming down about this, but who he really had to blame were his instincts. -And how sexy Lance's voice was when he whispered in his ear.-

He stood up and started stripping off his clothes. Keith was way too lazy to shower that morning, and he knew if he did it would just remind him of Lance somehow.

He was dressed a couple minutes later. A black tank top clinging tightly to his curves, dark denim shorts hugging his thighs, and a red flannel tied around his waist. He walked down the stairs, and saw Shiro sitting at the kitchen table, drinking his morning coffee.

" Hey, Keith." The older brother greeted, looking away from the small tv in the corner on the news channel. He still wasn't over how Keith had been acting last night, it was just so out of character for him. It had been bugging him, like an itch that he just couldn't scratch.

" Hey..." The omega said, while grabbing a mug and pouring himself some coffee as well. He added some creamer and sat down at the table across from his brother.

" So... I'm not trying to pry. But are you ready to talk about last night?" Shiro asked, taking a drink from his mug. He'd always drink his coffee black.

Keith fiddled with his coffee cup before taking a sip.

" What about last night?" He played dumb, looking off to the side.

" Keith, you realize you can talk to me right? I'm your brother, and I'll always be here for you." Shiro looked at him, it was quite a dead giveaway when the boy lied to him.

" I know that..." He said, still pointing his gaze downward.

" Was it something with cheer? Or did an alpha do-" Shiro was trying to use his dad voice, but it really just made Keith more frustrated.

" Nothing happened. I was just tired, that's all." He bit his tongue after that, mainly to keep from saying everything on his mind.

About twenty minutes later, Keith was being dropped off at the school. It was only about 7:15, which was way too early for functioning as far as he was concerned. But Shiro had work, and of course he didn't trust the omega to walk to school either. And that's why Keith had to sit outside for 15 or 20 minutes every morning, just waiting for the doors to open.

As Shiro sped off, and he started walking for the specific bench he'd normally sit at, he noticed someone was already there. He was literally everywhere.

" Oh. Hey there~" Lance cooed upon seeing Keith. And the omega veered his path to sit at a different bench entirely. He couldn't do this right now, his feelings were way too unsettled. Well, actually, the feelings were settled, Keith just didn't like it that way. He hated knowing that he was attracted to Lance. " Not a morning person? No, I understand..." The quarterback stared at the other, noticing how the sunlight reflected on his face, especially his eyes. They were a deep, stormy purple color that was rather distinctive.

Lance didn't keep his mouth shut for long, he couldn't stand the silence between them. Even though there were birds chirping and cars driving down the road, he tuned it all out. He was only focusing on Keith. " So uh... why are you here so early." He slunk over and across the pavement, sitting cheekily next to the omega.

Keith tensed up at Lance's closeness, but he realized there was no way he could enjoy some peace and quiet.

" I could ask you the same question." He looked at him, almost uncomfortable. The dream was still thrashing around in his head, and he couldn't get it out. He couldn't stop wanting those things, wishing the dream was reality. Even though he couldn't stand it.

Lance was tossing a football to himself, staring off into space for a brief second.

" It's called my siblings had to be at school early today and my mom locked up the house. So... I walked here way before I normally would." Lance sighed, leaning his head back. " And you? Who was driving that minivan?" He laughed, wanting to make fun of it.

" That was my brother, and I'm here at this time everyday." Keith felt himself shift closer to Lance, it was almost like he couldn't control it.

" Oh..." Lance stopped throwing the football. Knowing that Keith had an older brother was unsettling for some reason. " So what do you want to talk about, Princess." He was quick to change the subject.

" We don't have to talk about anything." The omega said, trying to ignore the nickname.

" Well what if I want to?" Lance side eyed him, a small smirk on his face. He was really still stuck on what had happened the night before, and why Keith was moaning his name in his sleep.

" Fine then. Let's talk." The cheerleader felt his eyebrow twitch in annoyance. As much as he wanted Lance to go away, he wanted him closer. And his internal struggle was causing some major issues.

" Okay..." The alpha got closer to Keith's face as he spoke. " Did you have any more dreams about me last night?" The omega froze.

" I have n-no idea what you're talking about..." He stuttered, panicking. How the hell did Lance know about that?! Was this a dream, too?!

" Really? Because I think you know exactly what I mean..." Lance purred in Keith's ear, trying to get him flustered. He loved doing that, and would try to do so whenever he got the chance.

" Nope. I- I think you're confused." The smaller crossed his legs. Why did Lance have to get off on this? It was torture but amazing at the same time.

--------

It was especially sticky that afternoon. And cheer practice was moving along steadily despite the muggy temperatures.

They'd already thrown five baskets, and Keith was improving every time. Allura and Shannon seemed to be getting him higher and higher too. And Lance, of course, had taken great notice of this. He strolled over the second they were given a water break. Coach Coran had really emphasized that they stay hydrated, but Lance wasn't thirsty for water.

" Wow, you really are something." He said to the stunt group, but focused on Allura.

" It wasn't all me, Lance." Allura got irritated, while redoing her ponytail that never stayed up very long. She just had so much hair, and it was just so heavy.

" Well, you really caught my attention~" Lance winked at her and Keith really could've puked. As much as he didn't want the alpha to flirt with him, he definitely didn't want him flirting with anyone else either. He folded his arms and looked off to the side, trying to ignore it.

" Keith was really doing a good job, too." She purposely brought him up, mainly because she knew how Keith felt about Lance. The alpha just shrugged his shoulders, shooting another smile her way. The entire cheer squad face palmed, or sighed, or rolled their eyes. And Keith just stormed away, grabbing his bag from the side of the track. He swung it over his shoulder hastily, and found himself walking faster and faster, until he was almost running.

" What's his problem?" Lance scoffed, expecting someone to laugh, but that never happened. Everyone, mainly Allura, dirty looked him with a passion.

" You're really an idiot, Lance. Seriously..." Was all she could say, in a very cold voice that counteracted the air around them. And the alpha was left puzzled, walking back to the field, wondering what he'd even done.

(( Hello, Loves! What's up? I think you all will be very pleased with the upcoming things I'm planning for the next chapters. Let's just say some of my favorite characters will FINALLY come into the picture. It's gonna happen soon!))