Wrong Place. Wrong Time.

(( Wow do I have a list of warnings for you guys! Please please please do not read this if you are triggered by things such as sexual assault, blood, or ANGST because there's a heck ton of it. You have been warned, so read cautiously. Or just read it, which ever option works best. I cried while writing this so just letting you know! Anyways happy reading!))

Morning practices weren't exactly ideal, but they were necessary. Considering homecoming was right around the corner, and Friday's game was bound to be eventful. The cheerleaders' routine had to be nailed down, fine tuned, and most importantly, perfected. Which Keith still had to be present for, even if he wasn't in it.

So that's why he'd rolled out of bed at the ungodly hours of morning, and came down to the school. Just so he'd be able to go to class when it eventually started, and probably end up sleeping through half of it.

He was sitting in the bleachers, still in appropriate practice attire, because that was policy after all. It was kind of dumb, considering he couldn't do anything anyways. The pure white cheer shoes and spandex really served no purpose right then, but he still wore them. Even as he stayed sedentary at the very top of the bleachers, only observing. Mainly because Lance had told Allura not to put him in the routine, it didn't matter that the boy was completely recovered.

He was slightly on edge, considering Lance was outside on the field while they all were in there. It wasn't that much of a distance, but Keith still couldn't get the alpha from his mind. He just wanted to be with him right then, it didn't matter that he was a practical bead of sweat.

In all honesty, the cheerleader was a little bit of a mess. His hair was pulled back into a sloppy, tiny, bun. And he really couldn't understand why he was sweating so much. The gymnasium had AC so it wasn't because of the temperature.

Keith was beginning to worry, maybe he really should've talked to Shiro. Because he was miserable, with cramps stitching into his side like sutures. It was almost like his abdomen was shifting even as he sat still. Could it be...?

He pulled out his phone, instantly going to google.

What are the symptoms of an omega in heat?

He typed in nervously, hoping that he was crazy. But the sweating really was one of the trademark things Shiro had told him to watch out for, pretty much since he was old enough for the sex talk.

The article he'd found started talking about all these random facts, but Keith didn't care about any of that. He only frantically scrolled until he found a list.

Heats affect every omega differently, but these are the most common symptoms-

- Excessive sweating

- Body aches and/or cramps

- Mood swings

- Being more emotional than typically

- Lubrication, but be careful, this step often hits hard and suddenly

- Feelings of clinginess to an alpha or significant other

- Paranoia

- Itchiness of the skin, especially of the groin area

- Jitters and shaking

Remember, sweating and lubrication happen with ALL heats. They are primary warning signs, even if common secondary effects don't present.

Keith could've choked on air while reading over the list. He'd been having issues with the majority of those things, so it wasn't all that crazy to think he might be very close to his heat. His mood was on a never ending roller coaster. One minute he could be crying onto Lance's shoulder and another, he'd be back to normal.