Normalcy

" Do you have any idea who would want to hurt yo-" The officer was talking to Keith, scribbling things on his tiny notebook.

" He's already explained this to you five times, how much longer are you planning on rewording the same question?" Shiro, who had sped home, interrupted him.

" We need to be thorough in our questions." The policeman said.

" How much more thorough do you want?! You're talking to him when I'm the one who actually saw Lotor do it!" Pidge aggressively yelled. She was beyond worked up.

" I'll get to you in a moment, ma'am... or uh- sir or ... wait? Are you a boy or a girl?"

" Why should that matter?!" Keith was fed up, ready to cuss out this baboon in a police uniform.

" So is there anything else you can do?" Shiro asked him, eager to get to the point.

" Truthfully? Not much because there's no proof that he was here. The wire may be damaged, but it's your word against his." The officer said.

" Then get out of here." Keith hissed and turned back to go in the house. Shiro didn't try to stop him, he just let his brother go in without getting after him for being rude. Maybe if the officer wasn't being anything but helpful, he might've.

Lance was upstairs in Keith's bathroom, holding some gauze to his underarm. He'd been so stupid. So selfish, so everything he'd been working hard not to be anymore.

There were a couple quiet knocks on the door, and Lance sniffed, recovering from the residual tears in his eyes.

" Yeah?" The alpha asked, doing his best to seem alright.

" Can I come in?" Keith asked from the other side, leaning his head on the wooden surface of the door.

Lance looked down, not sure how he would be able to face his boyfriend. His pride was gone, practically disintegrated. But he knew he couldn't shut Keith out, both emotionally, or literally. So he moved to unlock the door, and slowly opened it for him.

" Hey..." He could only stare at the floor as Keith walked in. And the omega didn't say anything while hugging Lance. They stayed like that for a long time, because words only complicated things. But they needed to talk about this, even if it was difficult.

" I didn't tell." Keith told him quietly, burying his face in Lance's neck.

" Thank you..." Lance rested his chin on the other boy's shoulder.

" But... I think we need to talk about this." The shorter male whispered, drawing back a little. " Please, I need to know that you won't do this again." Keith tried not to make Lance feel more guilty. He knew this was a very tough subject, and that it was hard to promise anything.

" I-I didn't even try to... I just sort of spaced out and something... snapped." Lance spoke.

" I won't let you do that again. I can't watch you hurt yourself." Keith had a couple tears in his eyes. Even thinking about his boyfriend being in that amount of pain made him physically sick. His stomach was turning upside down, and it wasn't from talking to the cops earlier. He could almost feel Lance's hurt throbbing in his chest.

" He got to me, Keith... I'm just done with him trying to hurt you. He doesn't even give a shit about you." The alpha had a growl in his tone from mentioning Lotor.

" Lotor is trying to prove that he's superior to you, which will never be true, okay? It doesn't matter what he does, you'll always be the better person. Hurting yourself because of him will only make it worse." Keith had a soft look on his face while brushing a hand on Lance's cheek.