Please Don't Leave Me

(( Welp. Here is this chapter... the one we've all been waiting for. Let me just say right now that I did plenty of research on a lot of this medical stuff and effects of what Lotor does, so if I make a tiny mistake, please don't feel the need to correct me on it. I tried my best to make this accurate. I felt like it would be too basic if he just shot one of them, so Lotor took a more creative and sadistic approach.

WARNINGS: Blood, and enough angst to make even ME cry. These next few chapters are going to be very very rocky. Happy reading, Loves!))

People always think about a murderer as someone with a bloody knife who suddenly just snapped. And they wonder where the warning signs were, and how they possibly missed them. But it wasn't like there was one specific thing that pushed Lotor over the edge. It wasn't one thing constantly bending him until he broke. He'd snapped a long time ago.

And with Acxa out of the way, he could do whatever the hell he wanted. He could play around with his victims, much like a cat with a ball of yarn. But that yarn was much more than string. It was someone's lifeline.

...

" Hey, did you hear someone broke into the agricultural wing last night?" Shannon asked the lunch table.

" I'm pretty sure everyone has heard. It was on the announcements this morning, remember?" Pidge responded.

" Oh right." She giggled.

" Do they know what all was taken?" Lance asked Pidge with an arched eyebrow. He had gotten to school late because Keith wouldn't get out of bed until first period had already started. Meaning that they didn't get to hear the announcements, or have to be present for the Pledge of Allegiance.

" I think they said some sort of horse tranquilizer or something?" Hunk said before taking a bite from his sandwich.

" What would the school even use that for?" Allura was curious.

" Sometimes the animal science classes bring horses in, they use them if a horse gets out of hand." Matt answered. He only knew that because he'd taken one of those classes before. " They have to keep them locked up, though."

" Why?" Keith looked up from his bag of Cheetos that him and Lance were currently sharing.

" Because it's a drug. I'm pretty sure the name for it is like... uh- it starts with an x... uh-" Pidge struggled to figure it out, and it would bug her until she could remember.

" Xylazine or something like that?" Matt said and Pidge nodded.

" Yeah, that. Anyways, idiots like to shoot up with it to get high. It was probably just some stupid teenagers who broke in and stole it for kicks." She said.

" Who would do that? That sounds really gross." Allura was disgusted.

" Idiots. I remember my chem teacher talking about it." Pidge shrugged and dug into her lunch.

...

" Where are Pidge and Matt?" Allura asked as they arrived up to the football field for practice. They were early by looks of it.

" I don't know, they said that they just had to run home to grab something really quick but they've been gone a long time." Keith said while chucking his cheer bag over to the chain-link fence just in front of the bleachers.

" Great. Just great." Lance nervously said, but then he noticed Keith shivering. " Babe, do you want my jacket? It's in my bag."

" I mean... yeah." Keith shyly admitted.