Home

(( I know it's a hot button issue among many scientists as to whether comatose patients can dream. But a lot of them have reported dreams that were influenced by their surroundings... and I think that I'll give Keith the benefit of the doubt. That... I need to write something less heavy after watching season six. Like... wtf. I loved it but something... I think we all know what I mean... ruined it.))

He was supposed to be there. Keith was supposed to wake up, and cheer Lance through the championship football game. That was one of the only games all year Lance had managed to botch.

Keith was supposed to meet Lance's parents on Thanksgiving, and then they were planning to go back and have a second dinner with Shiro. But the only meal Keith had on that day was through a feeding tube.

Lance was supposed to cuddle with his boyfriend next to the Christmas tree, and they should've been able to admire the array of colored string lights together. The couple should've had hot cocoa, and built snowmen- even though people would've said they were too old.

But there Keith was, still in that hospital bed, pretty much collecting dust.

Lance had barely been able to withstand being apart from him for so long. And he was slowly losing hope that Keith would ever flutter is stormy purple eyes open ever again. He knew he'd said that he wouldn't give up on him, and the alpha hadn't. It was just that his attitude was growing more dismal with every passing day Keith remained like that.

The added stress with basketball and... Lotor's trial hadn't made it any easier for him. He'd narrowly managed to make the varsity team after being so distracted. Lance could barely dunk a three pointer like he otherwise would've had no issue with.

" We're in the home stretch, Keith..." He reached over to hold the smaller boy's hand. It didn't matter that he was sweaty from practice, or that Lance was already exhausted. His need to be with Keith was strong. Since they had bonded, he had been suffering from separation anxiety as well as a shroud of depression that hung over him. " Lotor is going away for good thanks to Acxa and Pidge... and Shiro and all the rest of us." The alpha leaned his head down, and began crying into Keith's chest.

Lance was devastated when Lotor turned down the plea deal, because if he was found innocent at trial, he couldn't be tried again. But at least now he'd never be getting out, and had no option of parole. The trial had been painfully dragging on, but it was almost over. Lotor's terror over them was finished. " Please... it's safe to come back! Come back!" He couldn't control his volume as he continued sobbing onto the boy's hospital gown.

...

" The prosecution calls witness, Keith Kogane, to the stand."

Keith slowly stood up, and he soon found himself being ushered up by the judge. Jury people were staring him down. And he could only wonder why the fuck he was wearing a hospital gown to court.

" Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you, God?" There was a woman cop who approached him, placing his pale hand on the Bible. Keith was immediately uncomfortable at that.

" Uh- sure." He mumbled. Most of the people there were completely random, and unfamiliar to him. He kept scanning, until he saw Lotor, Lance, and Shiro in the room.

" Isn't it true that you came to school during your heat, Keith?" An attorney asked him, and he was broken from his train of thought.

" Yes... but I didn't know I was on it."

" This was your first heat?" The female lawyer questioned.

" Yes." Keith responded. " I didn't know it was coming."