Stupid Hormones

(( Smut warning! Also, thank you so much for over 300 follows! It's really cool to have that many people who keep up with my account.))

The fire was crackling, sending embers up into the starry night sky. And Keith was curled on top of Lance, just staying close to him as the alpha roasted a marshmallow over the open flames. He kept whispering things in Lance's ear, occasionally brushing his lips on the boy's tan cheeks.

" You guys exchanging secrets over there?" Pidge asked them.

" Totally." Keith looked over his shoulder. It was like he was getting more anxious, becoming almost restless while shifting on Lance's lap.

" Care to share?" She smirked.

" You wouldn't wanna know." Lance said, and he tried to contain himself as Keith continued practically pleading in his ear. Something was up with him, and Lance wondered if this could possibly be... heat. He remembered that Keith wasn't exactly able to be this close to him before the last heat, so he didn't know how Keith had acted. The omega was too busy trying not to get raped, and by the time he'd gotten there, the heat was nearly in full swing. Lance couldn't be sure, but he figured if this was heat, it would start being obvious fairly soon. He'd need a definitive warning sign before doing anything.

" I wouldn't be so sure." Hunk said from across the campfire.

" Have you forgotten how obsessed she is?" Matt chuckled.

Keith was feeling fiery inside, and there were beads of sweat that were running down his forehead. It could've been from the overwhelming heat of the fire, or something else.

He kissed Lance's cheek a couple times, moving to press his lips at the taller boy's jaw line.

" Please..." He murmured down the back of Lance's neck.

Lance couldn't put up with this much longer. He was unintentionally inhaling the scent Keith was giving off, and it was getting his instincts excited. If he didn't act fast, everyone else would begin to smell it as well.

Lance handed his stick and marshmallow to Pidge, holding Keith in his arms while standing up. That was it. Noticing the sweat had brought up a final red flag for him.

" I gotta go." The alpha said, and Keith was still kissing at his neck.

" Everything okay?" Shiro asked. And Lance was holding back his dominant instincts very well considering the situation.

" Keith is starting a heat." He bluntly said while carrying him. " I have to... take care... of him." Lance explained, and Shiro pinched the bridge of his nose.

Hunk and Shay glanced at each other, then back at Lance.

" Get it, Lance!" Pidge cupped her hands and yelled after him. And Lance flipped her off without looking back.

" Pidge, really?" Allura giggled.

" That could've been bad." Shiro said. " At least he recognized the symptoms this time."

" He's learning." Matt chuckled.

" There go my hopes for a decent night's sleep." Hunk sighed.

...

Keith's submissive urges were just eating at him, and the heat was suddenly hitting him harder. Heats had a way of going from 10 to 100 really quickly, and Keith was no exception to that generalization. He couldn't help it, but the desperateness he felt was quadrupled as soon as the cramps began tying his abdomen in knots.

" Lance..." He whined, burying his sweaty face into his boyfriend's neck.

" It's okay, Babe... I'm about to help you."