The Date

After about four days, Keith was able to walk without experiencing pain. But unluckily, he hadn't been able to skip out on too much school, as Shiro got all of his assignments for him.

Since that night at the game, his brother had apologized for loosing his temper. And Keith was happy for that, considering he himself hadn't really done anything wrong.

So things were better now, by comparison to then, at least. But there was still tension, and whenever Keith opened his phone, Shiro seemed to be looming over his shoulder. Even if the omega wasn't texting Lance right then, he was always watching. Except for times like this, when he was at work. He hated leaving his little brother alone in the house, but he didn't have any other choice. It wasn't like he was going to get a 17 year old a babysitter.

Keith was sitting on the couch, indulging in some Stranger Things when the doorbell rang. He paused it, and stopped stuffing his face with popcorn long enough to stand up. He peered through the curtains and noticed two people standing outside on the doormat. They looked rather similar in appearance, same hair, same eyes. And they both looked harmless to boot.

Keith really wasn't supposed to open the door for anyone. Let alone for strangers, but it was fine. Shiro wasn't there to do it so he figured ...why not?

" Hello...?" He opened it and got a better look at the two people on his doorstep.

" Hi!! We're your new neighbors, Pidge and Matt!" The smaller one of them spoke, she had really short hair that was almost bobbed. And she gestured to the taller male next to her upon saying what could only be his name.

" Neighbors...?" Keith looked around until noticing the big moving van in front of the house across the street. He hadn't even realized the Johnsons had left before now. " Oh. Well my name is... Keith."

" Well it's nice to meet you. Our mother sent us over here with a muffin basket." The boy known as Matt smiled.

" Because apparently that's the polite thing to do? I don't know about you, but if a stranger brought me muffins I wouldn't eat them-" Pidge laughed. And the other facepalmed.

" I'm assuming you two are siblings...?" Keith asked, trying to act natural. He wasn't exactly the best in social situations.

" What gave it away?" Matt scratched the back of his neck and looked down at his sister. Both their hair colors were a ginger-ish shade, with somewhat lighter undertones.

" I have a brother, so I guess I'm really familiar with how siblings act?" He smiled, acting like two didn't look like clones of each other. It was uncanny.

" Well anyways... I hope you don't think we're too weird for bringing you guys food." Pidge rolled her eyes, wondering how anything like this could be considered polite.

" Not at all." They handed Keith a woven basket filled with about a dozen muffins, and from the looks of it, they were blueberry. " I'll see you guys around I guess." He smiled at them and closed the door.

That wasn't awkward at all, he told himself before taking it to the kitchen.

When he plopped back down on the couch, his phone buzzed. Literally, could he have any peace in this world? All he wanted to do was watch Netflix and pretend other people didn't exist for a little while. But that was until he noticed it was Lance who'd texted.