Instincts

(( I love watching you guys theorize in the comments... it's so fun to lurk. I'm not a creep, I promise lmao.))

There were a series of knocks that had been placed outside on the bedroom door.

" Keith! Lance! I'm supposed to wake you guys up!" A voice called from the other side. And Keith stayed sleeping like a rock, not even stirring. He was out cold on the pillow, deeply sleeping.

Lance, however, hadn't been in slumber as much as his boyfriend was. So the knocking, and what sounded like Pidge, yelling from outside the door were more than enough to wake him up.

He cringed while partially opening his eyes and being blinded by the sunlight that was now pouring in through the window. It had to have been about noon judging from the intensity of the light.

Lance looked down at Keith, seeing that he was peacefully sleeping in his arms, all curled up in an adorable way. It brought a fond expression to his sleepy features.

" Guys!" Pidge yelled more loudly and beat her tiny hand on the door.

" What is it?" Lance grumbled, being very hesitant while sliding back from Keith and unwrapping his arms. As soon as he was off the bed, Keith rolled over, and his eyebrows furrowed uncomfortably. The taller boy moved the blankets over him, slowly caressing his face, and backing off.

Keith hugged himself into the pillows, continuing to sleep, and Lance breathed a sigh of relief while going to answer the door.

" Allura is taking us out on the lake. Apparently she knows how to work their boat." Pidge said, seeing Lance's face peek out from behind the door. " And we're going tubing. You guys should come."

" When are you guys leaving?" Lance asked, yawning and stretching his arms above his head. Even though he hadn't gotten much sleep, he was oddly alert.

" Like, maybe in 10 or 15 minutes." Pidge said.

" I'll get Keith up." Lance sighed, glancing over his shoulder to look at his sleeping omega.

" Meet us by the boat house." The tiny girl said before walking down the hallway, but stopping. " And just for the record, I'm pissed at which ever one of you ate my ice cream last night." She made a sassy face at them before exiting the cabin.

" Wasn't me!" He called after her.

Lance took a little bit to compose himself, and get his mind and body onto the same page. After he'd gotten into his blue and white swim trunks, he decided he should probably wake Keith up. He'd put it off to let the boy sleep as much as possible, but it couldn't be avoided any longer.

Lance leaned down, pressing loving kisses all over Keith's forehead and face as an alternative to just shaking him. He'd decided against that option for whatever reason.

" Keith, Princess, it's time to wake up." The alpha whispered, raking his fingers through Keith's hair and kissing him more. " Babe."

" What?" Keith woke up slowly, letting his eyes flutter open.

" Good morning~" Lance cooed. It was afternoon, but that wasn't important. He smiled at him warmly. " Allura is taking everyone out in the boat."