Babe...?

" I'm fine! Just drop it!" Keith yelled, wanting to slam the door to his room. But Shiro was in the way.

" No! You're clearly not fine. You've been dodging the question, but I'm not leaving until I get some answers!" He fumed, practically grazing his head on the doorframe.

Keith pulled the covers over his face, frustrated to no end. His feelings were just a jumbled mess. Was Lance just playing with him for fun?

" I don't have to answer to you!" His voice was muffled from behind the comforter, but it was clear enough.

" Yeah you do! Keith, I've been taking care of you since you were eight years old..." Shiro sounded almost hurt. And he regretted raising his voice at Keith, considering he didn't even know what was going on. " Listen... I can't help if you won't tell me what the problem is." He walked in and sat on the bed, which was bare on the end because the omega was hogging the blankets.

" I'm sorry... it's just that I really don't know what to do..." Keith pulled the covers from his face, and felt tears pooling in the corners of his eyes. He knew that he wanted to be with Lance, it was just a hard realization.

" About what?"

Keith and Shiro used to tell each other absolutely everything, but now that wasn't really possible. The cheerleader knew that if his brother found out every little detail regarding Lance, he would absolutely refuse to let Keith leave the house in anything less than a parka. But if he excluded the parts about Lance being horny, flirty, and having loverboy tendencies, it might go easier.

" You know when I asked you what to do if an alpha is ever ... interested?" Keith asked hesitantly. And the other could only nod, wondering where this conversation was going. " Well... I think one is."

Shiro perked up upon hearing this, his protective instincts kicking in.

" Who? What have they been saying? Why didn't you tell me about this?!" He talked rapidly.

" Calm down. And his name is ... Lance." Keith found himself blushing just by saying his name.

" That's all I get? Keith I need to know you're safe-" Shiro was cut off.

" I am safe." He said, and he really did hope that was true. Lance sure did do a lot of teasing, but would he ever force anyone into anything?

" Yeah maybe until you go into heat." Shiro was worried. He knew exactly how alphas could be, desperate, selfish, and unable to control their instincts. " Just promise me you'll be careful. I don't want you to get-"

" Lance has never touched me..." Keith thought about all the times the quarterback came really close to laying his hands on him. It was an eventuality as far as he was concerned. Unless Lance was just playing with him, but somehow, Keith doubted it. He had just let his emotions get the best of him earlier.

" Let's just hope it stays that way." Shiro pinched the bridge of his nose. And Keith couldn't help but hope for the opposite.

-------------------------

" Shit!" He whispered to himself while zipping down the school hallway. Keith was running late yet again, go figure. If he got one more tardy to this class, the office would call Shiro, and he wouldn't be very impressed.

His converse sounded loudly against the tile floor as he sped around every twist and turn. Until suddenly he slammed into something, or ... someone. Literally, when could he catch a break?

" Oww..." A familiar voice groaned.

" Lance... god damn it." Keith was knocked to the ground and was now sitting on the cold white tile. It felt like ice cubes on the backs of his for the most part bare thighs.

" Oh! Keith, I'm sorry! I didn't see you." Lance said, feeling his chest, where there was probably an indent from Keith's face. And the omega rubbed his forehead, which was slightly red behind his bangs. The football player felt bad about whatever he'd done the day before, and really did want to fix things.

Lance held out his hand to help Keith up as the school bell rang, signaling that they were both tardy. The smaller boy grumbled to himself before letting Lance pull him to his feet. He blushed seeing as their fingers stayed interlocked a little longer than necessary. The alpha pulled his hand back.

" So why are you in such a rush anyways...?" He asked Keith, who had rosy red cheekbones. Lance didn't realize it, but he was a rather dark shade of red as well.

" W-well... I was trying to get to class on time but..." The omega trailed off.

" Well how about I escort you, Princess." He gestured for Keith to start walking ahead of him.

" You know, that nickname is getting pretty old." The cheerleader rolled his eyes as him and Lance started to walk down the hallway. Why was he being so nice all of the sudden? The alpha stood up straighter, going temporarily stiff.

" Would you like me to come up with another one?" He teased, though he was half serious. Keith wouldn't mind a nickname, just as long as it wasn't humiliating.

" Only if I get to pick one for you, too." He raised an eyebrow at Lance, who looked at him questionably.

" Deal..." He said, looking deep in thought for a second. " I'm going to call you, Babe."

The omega felt himself blush darker.

" Isn't that something that like... couples do?" He scratched his wrist in a nervous gesture.

" Yeah, so?" They were next to Keith's classroom. " We don't have to date for me to give you a pet name~" Lance purred.

" Whatever, Loverboy." Keith scoffed, before walking opening the door and walking in. Leaving a very flustered alpha in the hall.

Lance got to his next class no more than a minute later. And Allura, who was also in there, looked up from her notes at the sound of the door clicking shut.

" And just where were you, Mr. McClain?" Mr. Thace asked, looking away from the board, which was covered in physics formulas.

" I was walking ... with someone more important than this." He smirked to himself before taking his seat, and Allura felt her features lift in surprise. She pulled her phone out from her backpack and started texting under the desk, clicking on Keith's contact. Her fingers typing quickly.

Allura 9:37 AM- Were you just with Lance?!

Keith 9:38 AM- ... yeah? Why?

Allura 9:38 AM- Because he just walked into class late and he said something

Keith 9:39 AM- ?? what

Allura 9:40 AM- Well, Mr. Thace asked him why he was late and Lance was just like " I was walking with someone more important."

Keith 9:40 AM- WHAT

Keith 9:40 AM- DID HE SAY ANYTHING ELSE?!

Allura 9:41 AM- No, but he's smirking and kind of blushing. He definitely likes you...

Keith 9:41 AM- Yeah, and how many other people does he like? Besides half the school...

Allura 9:42 AM- Oh shut it.

Keith 9:42 AM- I'm serious...

Allura 9:43 AM- So am I. He's not THAT bad, I think you should give him a chance.

Allura 9:43 AM- Besides... I see the way you look at him...

Keith 9:44 AM- I DO NOT LOOK AT HIM LIKE THAT

Allura 9:44 AM- Lmao. Just keep telling yourself that...

(( Hello, Loves! So I have a couple questions, and it would help me so much if you answered them. Spoiler alert! Lotor, Pidge, and Matt will play a part in some up coming chapters. And I'm just wondering, who would you all rather have pining for Keith? Matt or Lotor? That's all i can ask without giving away too much. Also would you like it if I included some Shallura? Please let me know by commenting! Feedback is greatly appreciated!))