Nostalgia

" I love you so much, Babe..." Lance murmured on Keith's neck as he nuzzled against him. He took in his omega's robust scent and sighed in satisfaction.

" I love you too..." Keith rolled a little bit on his bed, which was as bouncy as ever. He shivered from the other boy's breath on his neck.

" Are you cold?" Lance perked up, immediately going to slip off his jacket.

" N-no... Lance, I'm fine."

" No. Have it." He insisted while sticking one of Keith's arms through one of the baggy green sleeves. And the smaller male didn't know how to tell him no as he put it the rest of the way on. It smelled just like Lance. Felt just like him.

Keith blushed while flipping up the hood and snuggling into Lance.

" Thanks..." He said. As much as he wanted to shift his position more, that stupid ankle brace was bulky, and made him lazy to move his right foot. A quiet sigh left Keith's lips.

Lance glanced down at his boyfriend's foot, already able to tell that it was frustrating to him.

" Only one more day... then you can take it off." The taller boy reassured him.

" Yeah... on my birthday." Keith said. He really didn't see what 24 more hours were going to do for his foot. Sure, it was still sore and everything, but at that point, he was done caring. Now that he could walk without using crutches, everything was easier than before, but the brace was itchy and uncomfortable.

" At least you can be less annoyed about it on your birthday, Babe... you're lucky." Lance kissed his cheek fondly. " I'm planning something for you and me." He pressed a another soft kiss on the boy's jawline.

" Oh no." Keith knew that Lance could be over the top at times, and he was honestly nervous for whatever he had up his sleeve.

" Come on... I just want to take you out for dinner... there's this really nice place a couple towns over." The alpha ran his thumb over Keith's face.

" You don't have to... really." The other male insisted. He hated when Lance felt the need to go out and spend a bunch of cash on him. Especially considering he quit his job once football season began.

" I want to." Lance told him. And it was true, he really did want to do that. But there was also another reason. He had to get Keith out of the house for a few hours. Allura's orders. Of course her and Shiro had been conspiring to throw Keith a surprise party, because why not? He had never had a lot of people over for his birthday before, so they wanted to make it special for him. " I think we deserve a nice night out. You of all people do."

" How fancy is this place? I'm not wearing a tie." Keith folded his arms. He would honestly have more fun if they stayed home, ordered Chinese food, and watched Tokyo Ghoul all night. But Lance seemed to be dead-set on getting him out.

" Just wear a nice shirt or something. I don't think they'd kick you out if you showed up in a button up and khakis." Lance said.

" Okay..." The omega said nervously. He never went out to formal dinners. Only once or twice in his life had he ever been forced to dress up and sit in a dimly lit room to eat overrated food. " But how would we get there? You said it's not in town." Keith raised an eyebrow curiously.

" Oh yeah... Shiro has an early present for you..." Lance chuckled. " He told me to send you down to the garage after this. I guess he knew you wouldn't want to be dropped off at a nice place in his minivan."

Keith gulped.

" Right now?"

" Yep." The football player had a cheeky smile. He hadn't even seen it, but Shiro had talked it up quite a bit.