Damn, Shiro

It was silent, with neither of the boys daring to even utter a word as of yet. The rurr of the air conditioner sounded in the background, and the ice machine in the freezer kept doing it's thing. But it still felt quiet, that is, until Lance decided to say something. He had been eating his food, but the omega hadn't so much as touched his.

" Wow, Takashi. This is really good." He smiled, trying to seem like his mind wasn't racing. Lance didn't want them to know that he was frightened of Shiro.

The other alpha only nodded and continued driving a fork down into his salad. He didn't pay the football player any mind. And Lance only stared down at his own food, which was actually very tasty. He'd barely eaten any, but the greens of the side salad were crisp and delicious. There were also a couple kebabs on his plate, they consisted of shrimp along with a variety of vegetables. Shiro had taken the liberty of grilling them in the yard earlier, and the char lines were very definite on the outsides of the kebabs. 

" Oh come on, Shiro. This dinner was your idea, why aren't you saying anything?" Keith asked from across the table. He was beyond annoyed with his brother's apathetic attitude toward the other boy. " Lance is really trying..."

" No, Keith... it's fine." The Cuban male said, his eyebrows were furrowing upward. The last thing he needed was to be caught in a fight between the two brothers.

" No! He should be asking questions, trying to get to know you at least!" The omega exclaimed.

" Fine then." Shiro growled, taking a deep breath, and then laying his fork down across the plate. " Lance, what exactly is your objective here?"

" Objective? I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're asking me..." Lance broke into a nervous sweat, honestly confused. Keith grit his teeth, very aware what his brother meant by that.

" Oh, you know, you must be with Keith for a reason. I'm just curious what it is." Shiro looked right through the other alpha, with his voice very deep as to intimidate him.

" Shiro, he-" His little brother tried to cut in.

" No, Keith, I'd like to hear his answer."

" I-" The quarterback felt his leg bouncing restlessly underneath the table. " I'm with Keith because I really like him. I don't think I can narrow it down to one specific... reason?" Lance was smiling lopsidedly, very uncomfortable already.

Shiro didn't seem satisfied with that answer, but he had more things he needed to ask, so he brushed it off.

" How far have you and my little brother gone?" He leaned into the table while speaking.

" That's none of your business!" Keith projected, feeling his face flush instantly.

" Let him answer the question, Keith!" Shiro eyed his brother. He really didn't realize how nosey he was being, and even he did, he wouldn't care.

" Um." Lance's cheeks went a crimson shade of red. " We've kissed. If that's what you're asking...?"

Shiro didn't even allow the boy to breathe, or think before asking another question.

" And just how many notches are on your bedpost? Do you keep track?" He was hunched over the table.

" I'm sorry?" The shorter alpha choked on air.