25. Imagine

A/N we're just going to pretend Geo's arm is heald but no time has passed and there is no cop problems I'm to lazy to write around it.

I woke up the next morning in my bed and Geo's arms wrapped around me. He was still sound asleep. I looked up at him and saw his soft, pink lips right there for the kissing, but for some reason I didn't kiss them. Well for a reason: I didn't want to get his hopes up for something that wasn't happening. I meant what I said. I don't think we're ready. But then I thought about the moment I got that call yesterday.

What if that call had said that Geo died.

Thought:

"Hello?" I said.

"Court?" Brysen asked.

"Yeah."

"I have to tell you something."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"It's not a easy thing to say. Can you sit down?"

"I'm sitting. You're scaring me. What is it?" I asked.

"It's Geo," he signed.

"What about him, Brysen? Just say it."

"He..h-he, he died."

I laughed nervously, "His hair?"

"No like. He has passed on."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, "What do you mean he died?"

"What?" Carter asked.

"He's no longer with us," Brys told me.

"He can't be dead. How can he be dead? What happened? Did you guys take him to the hospital?"

"Somebody robbed the boys house and he got shot. They took him to the hospital, but he didn't make it. They were too late," Brys said.

"Oh my God. He's really gone."

I dropped my phone and my body stared to shake. I started to break down. Carter held me and shushed me and asked me what was wrong. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't even speak. I didn't even tell him goodbye and the last time we spoke, I was mad at him. I'm so sorry. What about our life together? We could have been so happy. I've never imagined not being able to hold Geo again or be held by him. We could've gotten through this. Our children, our wedding it all could have been beautiful.

End of thought

Or something less dramatic.
What if I got a call saying that him and London are together?

Thought:

"Courtney," Brys called.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I have to tell you something."

"Okay. What is it?"

"I wanted you to hear it from someone instead of seeing it and being shocked and everything,"

"Okay? Just come out with it already."

"Okay well, London and Geo are officially together," he said.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. This had to be a joke. I know we're not together but I felt like we were going to get back together. And I mean how could he move on so fast? After talking about kids, weddings, and the future and not even a month later he's with someone else?

My voice came out in a scratchy, shaking tone, "Okay."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Me and him aren't together."

"Courtney I have to go, but if you need to talk-"

"No, I'm good. Bye," I said and hung up.

I was devastated. I don't understand how he could move on so fast? It's clear now that he has always loved her more than me. I was just a little toy to play with. I have wasted so much time with him. But I just wish I could have wasted a little more. Yeah we fought, but I think this is the happiest I've been in years.

End of thought

I looked back up at his lips and suddenly it felt like if I didn't kiss them, it would be the biggest mistakes of my life. I reached to his lips and kissed them passionately.

He woke up and his eyes got wide. He pulled back,
"I couldn't breath."

He smiled which made me smile but then his smile faded.

"No," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't do that to me."

I looked at him confused. I don't understand what he's talking about. Do what to him?

"Don't tell me one day that you don't think you're ready and then the next day be kissing up on me. You're confusing me."

I slipped from his grip, "We're not ready."
I paused for a second then spoke again.
"I'm sorry I just- the truth is, I'm confused myself. I don't want to keep getting hurt."

I saw pain flash in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I didn't mean to put you through any of this. I haven't been able to sleep at night. I've been thinking about you. What are you doing? Are you okay? Can I hold you again? Are you with Carter? Will you finally realize that your voices are right, I don't deserve you. I can't think straight. My mind is just- I don't know. Courtney mush," he said. He let out a gray sigh and I took his hand.

"Geo," I said looking down at our hands. "I think.." his eyes darted to mine. "I think we should just take it slow this time. Give ourselves a little time to love each other and not..I don't know. Do what we've been doing, hurting each other."

I looked into his eyes and they popped with hope.

"So this means you'll be mine again?" He asked.

"Geo as much as we try to conceal it, you're forever mine and I'm forever yours. We can't stay away from each other."

He smiled and kissed me. It was a passionate and true kiss. I felt a magic in it like something I'd never felt in our kisses before. Was it because it's been so long? I don't know but I liked it.

End of chapter 25. Peep title reference *awink wink* Also thanks for 1k reads on "Best Friend" and 15k on "By Chance" thank u guys so much for continuing to read. It means more than u can imagine. 💞

Word count is 1,014

Ignore all spelling errors

April 20, 2018