65. This isn't Goodbye

I woke up in Geo's arms. He's leaving me today. I was beyond sad. I'm going to miss him so much. We won't see each other for another 3 months. Suddenly, I'm really regretting that Hawaii trip.

I didn't want to wake him up and he get sad that he's leaving me because that will make me more sad but I wanted to spend as much time being with him as I could in these last few hours.

I signed quietly but he moved a bit so I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be sleep.

He pulled me closer and rubbed my arm a bit.

I peeked my eyes open to see if he was awake and he quickly closed his.

"Geo," I said.

"Court," he said as his eyes fluttered open.

"Juwany."

"Courtney."

"Why are you pretending to be sleep?"

"I didn't want to wake you," he told me.

"Don't worry about that. I would want to spend as much time with you as I can."

"I didn't want you to get sad."

I looked him in the eyes, "I was doing the same thing."

"My fucking God, Courtney I love you so much. I don't want to leave you."

"But you also don't want to stay in New York. It's fine. I'll be fine. We'll be fine."

"Marie," he said trailing off and I rolled my eyes. He brushed my hair back with his hands and laughed.

"Yes Miguel?" I questioned with a slight chuckle.

"Oh God, you're beautiful," he whispered staring into my eyes.

I laughed, "Why are you whispering?"

"Huh," he said still looking in my eyes. "I said that..oh, I said that out loud."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes.

"No seriously, I didn't mean to say that."

I blushed looking down.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"When you get back from school. I'll be in LA to greet you. I don't know how long I'll stay though, okay?"

I nodded.

We sat in silence for awhile. I looked down at our hands. A feeling of sadness washed over me. I'm going to miss our fingers being tangled together.

"Babe," I said looking at him.

He looked up at me. He must have been doing the same thing.

I put my thumb up to his lip and dragged it down as his eyes followed my hand.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it then looked me in the eye.

"I love you," I said.

"Your eyes are watering," he told me.

I knew they were but I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to cry.

"Are they?" I asked with a slight chuckle. I forced that chuckle. I forced it so hard.

He wiped my newly falling tears and kissed my cheek.

I laid my head on his bare chest and he caressed my hair.

He began to whisper to me. "Stop crying."

"I can't. I'm going to miss you."

"A house," he said simply.