37. Mission Accomplished

Carter pov:

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. I'm gonna try and spend the whole day with Court. Well if that bitch Geo doesn't get in the way. He's so fucking annoying.

I did my morning routine and got dressed in a plain black shirt, ripped jeans and a hat. I wore a hat just so Court would take it off of me and put it on. It's so fucking cute to me. I grabbed my camera, my phone and jumped in my car.

I drove to Courtney's house and I knocked on the door.
Brysen opened it.

"Hey Carter," he smiled.

"Hey Bry. Uh is Courtney here?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's upstairs. I'm leaving though, let her know?"

"Yeah. I got you," I replied and walked in as he walked out. As I closed the door behind me I hear Courtney call out Brysen's name. She sounded terrified.

"Court!" I yell out running to her.

She was sitting outside of her room with the door closed.

"What is it? What happened?" I asked.

"There is a spider in my room. Kill it," she says in a scared voice. I couldn't ignore how adorable she sounded.

"Okay," I opened the door. "Where is it?"

"The last place I saw it was by my lamp," she told me getting up. She pointed towards the lamp.

I walked by the lamp as she remained outside the door.

"It's not here," I told her looking around for it.

"Welp looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight," she said and I laughed.

As I was looking for it I noticed a suitcase.
"Going somewhere?"

"Geo and I are going to Florida."

"Wait isn't that where his family is?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said with an excited, nervous tone.

How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? Me and my family are not on good terms. That's one of the things that made me and Courtney connect so well. I had to do something. That's a big step and Courtney found it special. The only thing I could do is have her meet somebody in my family.

"Can I take you somewhere?" I asked her.

She hesitated but finally said, "Yes."

I got really nervous. This may be to much, but I had to try. But my nerves took over and I blurted out, "Tomorrow. I'll take you tomorrow."

She nodded
"There it is!" She yelled.

It crawled under her dresser and I ran after it but I was too late. It had already crawled out of my reach. I looked at her.
"Your tiny hands can fit."

"They won't be fitting nowhere today," she said. "Just move the dresser."

"If it runs out I need to be able to hit it. I can't do that if I'm holding the dresser," I said.

It had already ran out. It literally moved an inch in Court's direction and she started freaking the fuck out. It turned the other way and I almost had it but then it's went back under the dresser. Courtney calmed down and still stood there. I just looked at her.

"I need shoes," she said stalling.

She carefully walked in her room, in her closet, and slipped on some vans.

When she came back out from her closet she screamed. She ran to me and jumped in my arms and I was holding her bridal style.

"There it is!" She screamed holding onto me tighter.