55. Break

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY YAY 😊💜🎉

Maybe about 20 minutes later Geo came up to my room.

I looked at him then went back to staring out the window.

"I get it," he said. I looked back at him. I took a deep breath and sat on the bed, folding my arms. I looked down at my lap.

"I get that he treated you better than me. I get that I'm not trust worthy when it comes to possibly hurting you again. I'm.. I'm sorry. And I know I've said it so many times that it doesn't even seem like I mean it or know what it means, but I do."

"Geo how does she know about the apartment?" I asked.

"She stayed there for about a week. Her family was on vacation and she got locked out."

"Why didn't she go on vacation with them?"

"She didn't want to go. She doesn't really get along with her family."

I looked back out the window. She's like me.

"Were you part of the reason?" I asked.

"She did say she would rather stay with me anyway."

"Did you? Stay with her?"

"We slept on the couch together, on accident. Twice. Me and you weren't on good terms, then."

I nodded.

"You love her? Are you in love with her?"

He thought for a second. I guess he was thinking of ways to let me down easy.

"Hmmm do I love her? When I'm alone and I don't have you I feel like I do because I have to. I don't know it's hard to explain. If we don't work out, I think I've lost all my chances at love."

"You think you're hard to love and she already loves you," I said.

He looked at me and nodded softly.

The thing about Geo is he has more problems than you would think he has. He isn't as perfect as he seems and his walls are up so it's hard to know.

"But when I'm with you, even when all isn't well, I know I love you. And I'm worried you're going to start questioning yours for me."

I would be lying if I said I never have and never will. I love him but it's been times I thought I was fooling myself.

"What if we need a break from each other?"

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes, "What if that's the complete opposite of what we need?"

"Geo we-"

"Are fine. We're fine we are just having problems but we're fine. Why are you always so quick to end things?"

"Geo?" I questioned.

He raised his eyebrows.

"Shut the hell up so I can finish."

He nodded.

"I'll go on vacation. Somewhere not in Cali. For a month or so."

"A month?! No you don't need to be gone that long. If you're gone for a month you're going to go straight to school after you come back."

"Fine you can leave for a month," I said.

"No. The point is we don't need to be away from each other that long. I can't just look at you from a phone for that long."

"Oh no we won't contact each other," I said.

"WHAT?"

"Stop yelling. The first week we don't contact each other. Then the next we go to texting. The third week we only call and the last week we FaceTime."