49. Anniversary

It was anniversary day and I woke up in Geo's arms.

"Happy anniversary baby girl. One year of knowing you, loving you, being with you..Well minus the small breaks."

"Is this actually a year when we took a month break?"

"Courtney?" Geo smiled.

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

I laughed and looked down at our hands as he entwined them.

"I just want you to know that I love you. It's been a crazy year, but I wouldn't change a thing..well I probably would kill Carter," he laughed.

"You wouldn't," I laughed then kissed him.

"Happy one year buddy."

"Ouch. Did you just friend zone me?" He asked.

"Hmmm let's see. Do you kiss your friends like this?" I asked and I grabbed his face and I kissed him aggressively.

After awhile he pulled back, "Is it time for my gift already?"

I pulled back completely, "Nope."

"I shouldn't have opened my mouth."

"No you shouldn't have."

"You know..you could give me a appetizer, a sneak peek?"

"Or I could get dressed," I said getting out of bed.

"Well that's no fun," Geo pouted.

"Depends on what I'm changing into," I winked as I walked into the bathroom.

"Ouuu," I heard him say.

I walked back out.

"Disappointed," he shook his head.

"What did you expect? I didn't bring clothes in with me."

He pulled me onto his lap, "Give me kiss."

"Say please," I said.

"Please," he begged.

"Nope," I said booping his nose and getting off of him.

He pulled me back on him.

"No don't get up," he said pulling me back down.

"Happy anniversary babe," I said kissing him lightly.

"You? For a year? How did I manage?" He chuckled.

"Me? You're the one that is the handful."

"Me? You literally argued with me as soon as you woke up from passing out."

"Hey," I slapped his shoulder. "I'm still mad about that," I laughed.

"Of course you are," he smiled up at me.

He looked down and patted my leg. "Courtney."

I grabbed his chin, making him stare up at me and raised my eyebrows in a question manner.

"I-I can't believe it's been a year of knowing and seeing your beautiful face. I was going in a bad direction before I met you, but you helped me. I'm so fucking lucky I met you. It hasn't been easy, our relationship but if I didn't have you, my life..." He trailed off. When I broke up with you I was convinced that it had to happen because we fought so much and it was just a mess. I didn't know it could happen so early on in the relationship. I thought I was supposed to draw lines. Well now, I don't care about any fucking lines and I don't care about us arguing because I know that you're the one for me. People always say that true love isn't true and that you can't know for sure. Courtney, I know. I know that I love you and that I can't live my best life without you and that I want to marry you, to have kids with you, to just be with you. I want you to know that I'm sorry."