39. Loved

The next day I was doing my hair, just something basic a high ponytail that curls, when I got a text from Carter.

Text:

Carter✨: I don't want to make it seem exciting it's a pretty depressing place

Carter✨: we're going to the cemetery

Court💞😱: which one

Carter✨: u still want to go

Court💞😱: ofc

Carter✨: the one by the old mall

Court💞😱: ok I'm ready whenever u r

Carter✨: ok be there in a sec

Court💞😱: ok

End of text

I put on a black dress. I know it's not a funeral but I just didn't feel right wearing anything else. It hugged everything down to my waist and flowed to my knees.

As I was finishing up I got a text from Geo.

Text:

Geo🌹🤞: woke up late but gm babe

Court Roman💘: it's ok gm

Geo🌹🤞: what r u doing today

Court Roman💘: nothing just driving but I have to go bye lve ya baby

Geo🌹🤞: um ok bye

End of text

There was no way in hell I was going to tell Geo that I was going to spend even close to an hour just to get there with Carter.

I heard and beep come from a car and knew it was Carter.

I walked out and got in the car.

"It's not a funeral," he laughed. He was in a really good mood for where we're going.

"Can we go to Walmart, before please?" I asked.

"Um sure," he said.

He pulled out the driveway and started talking.

"I'm going to take you to see my brother," he said.

"You have a brother?" I asked.

"Yeah. Younger. He died of heart failure six years ago. He always had heart problems, since he was born."

"I'm so sorry. I can't imagine," I said.

"Yeah. Thanks. I was only 12. It was hard after he died. It was just me, mom, and dad. Then just me and Mom and..dad. Then just me..and dad..and mom."

I rested my hand on his leg, comforting him.

"It's okay," I said. He nodded then parked. We had made it to Walmart.

We walked in and I grabbed those fake flowers for the cemetery.

"Oh no. You don't have to bring him anything."

I didn't say anything I just bought them anyway. We headed back to the car and drove an hour to finally make it.

He knew exactly where his brother was. I always take forever to find someone.

"This is Meyton," Carter smiled.

"That says Peyton," I said pointing to the name.

"I know. I used to call him Meyton and it would get on his nervous," he chuckled a bit.

I ran my fingers across the words on his stone, "Peyton Steward Blake."

"Yeah. Beloved son, brother, friend and cousin. He was always very close with my cousin."

I nodded and stood up from off my knees and went to the tomb stone right next to it.

"I miss you," I said.

"Court," Carter said looking at me.

I felt a tear roll down my face. I stuck the flowers into the ground next to the grave.

"Anthony?" He questioned. "Ward." He touched my leg. "I'm sor-"

I was sobbing hard now. I couldn't stop.

He grabbed me and held me tight, "Shhh shhh. It's okay. Do you want to talk about it?"

"My brother, he died when I was 10. He got cancer and..and he didn't make it. It was my family, all of us, him, Taylor, my mom, and dad. Then when he died we all were there for each other then like a year later they hated me."

He held me tight, "I love you."

I almost cried out Geo's name. I don't know why. He was just a comfortable thought.

"It's okay. I promise. You are strong baby, don't forget that."

I nodded as he rocked me. I finally calmed down.

I slipped from his arms as he ran his fingers over the words.

"One in a million, gone too soon," he read.

I gave out an emotional laugh, "He wanted G.O.A.T. or jokes over, let me out now but mom said no.

Carter chuckled lightly, "He seems like a great guy."

I nodded, "He was. Yours does too."

Carter looked back over at his brothers tombstone.

"I miss you Meyton. Miss you lots," he said. He rubbed the tombstone at the same time I rubbed my brothers and at the same time we both kissed them.

"I bet he misses you too," someone said. Carter jumped up and turned around.

"Mom?"

Chapter 39. Look at me double updating. Productivity and such 💞

Word count is 796

Ignore all spelling errors