61. Tea

"So let's just talk about it. Plus none of us have gotten an update," Jason said.

"Speak for yourself. I know all I need to," Jes said sitting back.

"What do you know?" Tara asked.

"Not my story to tell."

Everyone looked back at me.

"What?" I asked.

Then they looked at Geo who was deep in his menu. So deep he didn't even notice so they looked at Carter.

He just looked at everyone looking at him then picked up his menu, "I think I'll have the ribs. Good shit."

Maya snatched the menu from his hands, "Spill."

"Nothing to spill," he said taking his menu back.

She snatched, "Then what is Jes talking about?"

"He has a wild imagination," he said snatching it back.

Soph looked at me, "Could you just say it so they can stop fighting. They get really annoying, maybe you forgot."

In the background of her talking they were bickering. I looked at them and took a deep breath.

"Guys shut up. You'll find out later. Can we at least have this lunch?"

"I at least need a small detail," Lucas said. He's literally been sitting with his headphones on the whole time but now he wants to say something.

"Fine. Small detail? I'm with Geo and not with Carter," I said.

They all just looked at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"No fucking shit," Jason said.

"You said small detail."

"We meant-"

"Guys leave her alone," Carter said and Geo squeezed my hand.

They all looked at him.

"Look, me and Courtney aren't friends anymore and I'm clearly not with her. That's all there is to know."

"And since we have to explain it to you guys like you're children I have to say it's nobody's fault."

"Well it's kinda Geo's fault," Carter said. What the actual fuck.

Geo didn't waste a second to clear his throat and say something, "Not really sure how it's my fault when she made the decision in her own but okay."

"Because everything was all fine until you had that talk with her the day before."

Everyone else went all silent. They were quick to instigate and wanted the  tea to get spilled until it got serious.

"I think you're just a little upset that you lost her."

"It's fine because when she realizes that all you do is hurt her. It'll just so happen that I'll be there to take care of her."

"Are you happy to be someone's second choice?"

"Are you happy to be someone's mistake?"

"Best fucking mistake in the world, if that's what it comes to."

"I think you're a little upset that she declined your promise ring like twice," Carter fired back.

"And I think you're mad because all you were and ever will be is rebound sex."

"Rebound sex, that you walked in on."

Everyone gasped as I put my head down on the table. Out of everything else him and I have done to Geo, that's what he chooses to say? And in front of everybody?