42. Tired Flight

I left the apartment yesterday. I wanted to sleep in my own bed before being in a hotel for a while. I left my suitcase there so me and Geo can just go straight there.

Brysen and I drove to the apartment, got Geo and my suitcase, and left to the airport. I was extremely tired. I got absolutely no fucking sleep last night. I was nervous about meeting everyone. If his mom doesn't like me, I'm screwed. She can't not like me.

I was hugging my pillow as we walked through the airport. When we finally got on the plane I was exhausted. I was so tired.

"You excited?" Geo asked holding my hand.

I gave him a small nod that used up a lot of my energy.

I heard his phone ring and he picked it up.

"Hey mom," he said.

My brain wanted me to pop up but I didn't have the energy.

"Hey Juwany. Where's Court?" 

Awe she really does call me Court.

He pointed the camera to me and I quickly shut my eyes. He put the phone back on him.

"She's tired. I think she had a long night," he told her.

"Oh. Are you guys going to come here when you land?" His mom asked.

"Naw. I think I'm going to let her sleep."

"She can sleep in your old bed."

"Ma you are going to meet her. Let her sleep and we'll be right over," Geo chuckled.

"Fine. Bye Juwany, I love you," she said.

"I love you too, mom," he replied.

"Bye Court. I love you," she said making my heart race. I didn't have energy to talk but if I didn't-

"She loves you too mom. She's too tired to talk," and I heard him end the call.

"You're welcome," he told me and I nodded.

Skip plane ride

We had landed and I slept like a baby the whole ride, but sadly, that wasn't enough and I was tired as shit still.

We were waiting for our Uber to pick us up but it seemed like they were taking hours. I was leaning on a pole trying not to fall asleep until Geo grabbed me.

"Your tired ass is going to fall," he laughed.

I didn't respond.

"You know only horses go to sleep standing up."

"Nae," I said, my voice strand and dry.

It was quite for a moment.

"Geo why didn't you call someone to pick us up like your brother or something?" I said. I was tired of being here. I just wanted a bed to lay in.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but seeing as how you haven't opened your eyes since I first saw you this morning you would have missed it anyway. Michael is picking us up. I don't know what's taking so long."

"He doesn't like me," I said.

Geo shook me a little bit, "Yes he does."

"Whatever you say," I said shrugging.

"There he is, finally," Geo claimed.

With my eyes still closed Geo guided me to the car.

"I'll put everything in the trunk," he told me. He did it fast before things between me and Michael got awkward.