I Didn't Mean To

Brian's PoV
I didn't mean to do it..

Baby,please try to forgive me.

I cheated on Sal with some whore. I was drunk and I didn't know what was going on. I woke up the next morning in next to the girl I cheated on Sal with.

Stay here don't put out the glow.
Hold me now don't bother.

"How could you Quinn! After all we've been through!" Sal fought the tears. I never meant to do it. Tears streamed down his eyes.

If every minute it makes me weaker.
You can save me from the man that I've become.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was drunk. And she obviously slept with me and I woke up and I saw her and I-I.."

Looking back on the things I've done.
I was trying to be someone.

"You what? Tell me Quinn. The best excuse you've got!" He spat at me. "I realized I wasn't next to you.

Played my part, kept you in the dark.

"I'm sorry." I said. Sal looked at me. "Sorry NOTHING. WE ARE OVER QUINN."

Now let me show you the shape of my heart.

I felt the tears coming to my eyes. My whole world was broken in half. Sal and I just stood there looking at each other.

Sadness is beautiful
Loneliness is tragical

I ran out of his house and turned on the engine of my car. I banged my head against the wheel. I sobbed with no one by my side to comfort me.

So help me I can't win this war oh no.

I fucked up. Where was Sal when I needed him? What would I do if no one cared about me?  I turn on the radio. "Say Something" comes on. Shit. I pressed on another station. "Shape of My Heart" comes on. Fuck. I turn the radio off.

Touch me now don't bother.
If every second it makes me weaker.

I drove to my house and I entered my house with my eyes stinging with from all the crying. I looked at myself in the mirror. I focused on how disheveled I was.

You can save me from the man I've become.

I was the most horrible person in the world and I knew it. My cat came in the room I was in. I picked him up and hugged him tightly.

Looking back on the things I've done
I was trying to be someone

"Oh Benjamin. I'm the worst person." I whispered. I cried quietly while holding my cat tightly in my arms.

Played my part, kept you in the dark.
Now let me show you the shape of my heart.

I scrolled through my photos on my phone. I particularly picked on one picture. It was me and Sal. I kissed Sal's cheek as he had his arms around me. Tears flowed down my cheeks.

I'm here with my confession
Got nothing to hide no more

Is it fine to feel broken hearted or another feeling besides being happy? Sal still makes me smile, even he's the reason I'm sad.

I don't know where to start
But to show you the shape of my heart

I decided to write a poem. For Sal. This poem is for him to understand my feelings.

I'm looking back on things I've done
I never want to play the same old part

I knocked on Sal's door. I left a bouquet of roses on his doorstep with the poem. Then I drove off.

Keep you in the dark
Now let me show you the shape of my heart

I relax on my couch watching The Walking Dead. Blah and Blah about zombies. Blah and Blah this and this person is now a zombie. Blah blah blah.

Looking back on the things I've done
I was trying to be someone

I received a call from Sal. I answered the phone. "Q? Can you come over here?" He asked me. I drove to his house.

Played my part, kept you in the dark
Now let me show you the shape of my heart

I entered his house and I saw tears on his face.

Looking back on the things I've done
I was trying to be someone

"Y-you made this f-for me?" He asked me while his voice was shaky. I nodded my head.

Played my part, kept you in the dark
Now let me show you the shape of my heart

"I'm so sorry Q." He said while sobbing and I pulled him into my embrace. "I love you so much." I kissed the top of his head.

Show you the shape of my heart

"Don't cry." I said. I kissed him and I felt like all the pain went away. All troubles and pain and anxiety fled away.

The poem read:
You mean the world to me,
Nothing will ever come between us,
No matter what anyone says or does,
You'll be in my heart.
Forever and Ever.
Your spot will never be replaced.
You hold the key to my heart, 
And you have since the day we met.
I love you forever.
No matter how much we fight,
Things will be okay.
Like I said I will love you forever,
No matter what.
~Q

We love each other no matter what happens.