Old Memories?

'Those thoughts of past lovers, they'll always haunt me. I wish I could believe, you'd never wrong me. Then will you remember me in the same way, as I remember you?'
-house of memories
panic! at the disco

Brian's PoV

The woman stared into my eyes like if I was doing something wrong. I tried not to make eye contact but it just couldn't help the situation.

"I'm sorry. Boyfriend?"

I licked my lips and nodded my head. She gave a little space between us, after hearing what I said.

"And why isn't he here? With you?"

"He didn't want to come with me."

She nodded her head and apologized. I smiled and told her it was alright. She smiled and we continued to talk, she was a friendly woman. I asked for a glass of water, the bartender slid the water glass towards me. I thanked him.

I need to apologize to Sal, he's going to hate me. But doesn't he already? I checked my phone, no texts from him. Surprising? I don't think so. I tapped my fingers against my knee, feeling the nervousness rush through my chest. My heart began beating so fast, I could feel it almost come out.

"Well, I better get home."

"Oh well, have a good night Brian."

"You too Stacey."

I began to walk to my car and hopped inside. I sighed as I hit by hand against the wheel. I was being mean to Sal, I shouldn't have done that. I hit my head against the wheel, feeling dumb for screaming at Sal and arguing with him.

I drove to Sal's house and opened the door. I walked in turned on the light. I didn't see him the living room. I walked up the stairs and into his bedroom.

"Hey babe? I'm sorry-" I mumbled before I saw him. He was kissing another woman.

"This house isn't filled with great memories. They are filled with old memories."