I Wish You Were Here With Me

An empty street, an empty house, a hole inside my heart.

"The couple will now say their vows."

"Sal, I love you since the day I met you. I will forever cherish and hold you with all my love. Our relationship has been through so minor issues, you know but at the end of the day, we both love each other. I vow to make you happy, to make you laugh and to be always be there for you. I promise to be your navigator, sympathizer, sidekick, best friend and most importantly your husband. I love you so much." Brian vowed. He looked at Sal to see him with happy tears.

I'm all alone, the rooms are getting smaller. I wonder how, I wonder why. I wonder where were they are.

"Brian, I take you to be my best friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and inspire you and to love you even if we argue about stupid things. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up, when you're feeling low, and to love you through our adventures in our life together. I love you, my husband." Sal vowed. Brian wiped the tears away, smiling. They held hands, smiling.

The days we had, the songs we sang together. And all my love, I'm holding on forever.

"If anyone objects, please speak now or forever hold your peace." No one spoke, waiting for the big moment.

"May we get the rings?" Walking down, was their son Benji holding the rings. Everyone awed, as he held out the rings for Brian and Sal. They slipped the ring on to each other's finger.

Reaching for the love that seems so far.

"You may kiss." Brian leaned forward and pressed his lips against Sal's, smiling while everyone cheered and clapped. Brian woke up, realizing it was a memory dream.

So I say a little prayer, and I hope my dreams will take me there.

He looked next to him just to see Benji, but not Sal. He began to cry, Sal wasn't with him. Sal got in a car accident and died, leaving Brian and Benji by themselves. Brian had wonderful memories with Sal, good or bad.

"Oh I miss you, Sally." Brian cried.

"Dada?" Benji said.

Where the skies are blue, to see you once again, my love. Over seas from coast to coast.  To find the place I love the most.

"I miss Daddy. Is he in a good place, Dada?" Benji asked. Brian looked at the child next to him, sniffling and nodded his head.

"He's in a much better place, Benji." Brian said. He looked at his finger and saw his ring. He smiled, tears filled his eyes. Benji hugged him, comforting him.

Where the fields are green,

"I miss him, Dada." Benji said.

"Me too, Benji." Brian said. He grabbed Benji and lied down and looked at the ceiling. He then looked at the picture on the nightstand, he looked Sal and said.

"I miss so much honey."

To see you once again, my love.