Its Over (Part 5)

Brian's PoV
My phone dropped out of my hand. I fell on my knees and my breaths became faster. Tears poured out of my eyes. Sal dropped on his knees next to me.

"Brian?! Brian!?" Sal asked nervously. It felt like everything was in slow motion. "Take deep breaths Brian." Sal said. I took deep breaths and tried calming me down. Sal fetched me a cup of water. I chugged the water down.

"Okay Brian. Since you've calmed down, tell me what happen." Sal said. I took more deep breaths and finally got to pronounce the words.

"You remember I told I had sex with a chick and I didn't know that I did?" I choked. "Yeah? Why?" I hesitated but then said it. "She called me and said that she's pregnant."

I looked down at the floor, my head filling up with thoughts that I couldn't unsee. Emily would obviously want me to be the father. I mean I would love to be a dad but not with HER. I would want Sal to be the other parent. But then I thought, maybe he isn't ready.

I finally insisted to look at Sal. Teardrops appeared on his face. I placed my palm on top of his hand. He looked at me. Sal intertwined fingers with me. Sal placed his other hand on my cheek and leant in. His luscious lips met with me.

He kissed me passionately. I pulled away and just stared into his hypnotizing, green, grayish eyes. I was my fault. For ever, breaking up with Sal. My mind wasn't in the right place at the time.

For all the times I let you down, and I said I never would. I'll right those wrongs, turn it around. And love you like I should.

"I love you Brian." Sal broke the silence. I kissed the top of his head. I ruffled his the curls of his hair. I looked the man who I loved for a long time, but then broke his heart. "I love you so much Sal." I whispered. He looked me and lunges forward and cuddled in my embrace.

The touches and kisses Sal gave me made my heart go insane. The smell of his shampoo, his cologne, his eyes, perfect hair, his wonderful smile. He was perfect.

It felt like we were the only people in this world. Every time I saw Sal smile, I fell in love with all over again. I pecked his lips and saw my phone screen blink. It was Emily again I guess? Her contact name appeared on my phone. The text said,

Emily: I don't want the kid.