Chapter 5

Xander's Pov

We both turn our heads only to find glass smashed on the floor along with droplets of blood. My own blood running cold as I look up to find my love injured. Blood along with broken pieces of glass all along her hand. Fury ran through me as I wonder who is responsible for hurting my love. I rush towards her to see her clutching her arm to her chest. I raise her chin with my hand as she smiles weakly and says "I'm so sorry for the disruption , I am ok I just need to take care of this. Please don't be angry with me, I promise I will bring your coffee to you immediately.

She turns to her boss. "Please don't fire me Mr. smith, I promise I will clean everything up this won't happen again."

Pure rage pumps through my veins as I watch my Beautiful angel plead with this man for her job even in the condition she is in. I gently wrap my arms around her waist, lean down And whisper In her ear "You my love, are going to the hospital to get this stitched. Don't worry about your job I'll handle him , ok Angel?" I ask while cupping her cheeks gently into my hands. She slowly nods her head and looks down as if unable to face me. I turn to Jacob . "If you fire her, you will suffer dire consequences. Now I am taking her to the hospital and you better have someone else clean this up because she will not be working for you for the rest of the day." I then let go of my love, walk up to him and whisper "And we are not done yet."I turn around, leaving him lightly trembling in fear.

I guide my angel out the diner and to my Car which is my Audi Q8 "The Red Beast"

I open the door for my angel and she slowly gets into the car . I buckle her seatbelt for her "You know I can buckle myself in right?" My angel asks with a hint of curiosity in her tone.

"Yes my love I know you could but I prefer to do that part for you" I smile at her. She smiles back ."Thank you Sir". I lightly groan as I walk around to the drivers side, get in , start the car and we are off.

On the way to the hospital I look over to see my love looking down in her lap shyly as if she doesn't want to be a bother to me.
"Angel you should talk more often, I find your voice very soothing." I tell her. "Thank you sir, but most people find it annoying. That's why I don't talk much." Gripping the wheel angrily, I think about who would ever dare tell my angel her voice is annoying. They'd better pray to God for mercy on their souls If I ever found out who said that to her . "If anyone says anything like that to you again, tell me immediately. Ok love?" I ask and she nods slowly, still focused on her lap. "And Love , my name is Xander , you don't have to call me sir . You can call me by my name." I say. "Thank you Xander."  She says gently. I smile to myself, loving to hear my name upon her lips.

Soon enough we reach the hospital. I look over to my angel to discover that she was asleep. I watch as she has a peaceful look of contentment on her face . I gently caress her cheek and kiss her forehead as her eyes slowly flutter open. She gives me a small smile and we exit to the car and go inside the hospital, walking hand in hand. I chuckle at the fact her head only reaches my torso, so she looks very tiny compared to me. I continue to hold her hand with one hand and wrap an arm around her waist as we make our way to the waiting room. After we check in , I sit patiently with my angel and watch as she flinches in pain from time to time. I gently  lay her head to my chest and begin to stroke her dark hair and she hums in appreciation. It's so strange yet wonderful how you can grow to love a person in such a short period of time. What I feel for this women , I cannot even fully put into words. She calms me, she's the reason I am now happy and content with my life . Although I cannot tell her that now, I will soon. Very soon.

We are currently sitting  in one of the E.R rooms and waiting on the doctors. My angel must be nervous as she twiddles her fingers while slightly moving around. I rest my hand on her knee, lift her chin up and tell her "You have nothing to be afraid of angel. I will be here with you every step of the way". She smiles her beautiful smile.  "Thank you." Within a few minutes we hear a knock on the door and the doctor enters and he asks primary questions . He finally asks how this injury occurred and I made sure I listened intently to the story as my angel speaks.

"Well I was making cups of coffee from our coffee machine in the shop, and one of my co workers asked me to help with a to-go order. When I was walking out boss's assistant was angry as he thought I would be the reason he fired any of us randomly.........and .....well umm." she trails off as I squeeze her hand to encourage her and she continues."He threw a glass and I tried to doge it but it still got my hand. It doesn't hurt bad though."

By the time I finished listening to my love I was fuming with anger. The need to kill the this man was already a mind set for me, but I had my angel and I wouldn't scare her off . But this was most definitely far from over. The price will be more than paid.