Chapter 51

Xander's Pov

"Are you kidding me Leo?....you can't be serious!" I yell into the phone at my best friend a business assistant. How dare Jake Sterlight set up an international meeting in Japan next week. There is no fucking way I'm leaving my pregnant angel here alone. "Tell him to set up the meeting in New York".

"I would Xander but this is an international company and if we hold the meeting here in America it's an unfair advantage to foreign countries. We really can't lose this deal man, it could be huge for the company."

"I know. Fuck it, tell him the meeting will be at 3pm tomorrow afternoon and I will have his ass for this, be sure of that. Get my private Jet set and ready to go by 11pm tonight. I will only be there 2 days, not a minute more"

"Ok".

Hanging up the phone in frustration I pinch the bridge of my nose. How in hell do they expect me to leave my pregnant future wife here alone. I could call my aunt to watch her but she needs more than her for protection. I'm going to have to assign 50 of my men to stay here with her. I would take her with me but I know she would be comfortable staying home now that she's pregnant. I know she's going to hate it but I need to make sure she and the babies will be ok.

Walking out my office in search of my pregnant princess I find her asleep on the couch with a closed book resting on her belly. I kneel down in front of her, pushing loose wisps of curls away from her face. I stroke her delicate cheeks in a soothing motion before leaning down and placing a kiss to her eyes, nose, cheeks and finally her beautiful lips. God I love this sleeping beauty with all my heart. I literally can't live without her. She's had me wrapped around her little finger since the day I met her. I know I planned to purpose to her weeks ago but so much has happened and I know I need to do it soon. Which is why when I come back I plan on taking her to Paris France. She's always wanted to go there and that's the perfect place to purpose to my sweet angel.

As I watch her sleep I begin to realize how much I love her. I love the way she smiles at me when we awake in the morning, the way she kisses my nose for my chivalrous gesture. The way she looks down to her feet when she's shy or afraid. I've never felt such strong feelings for anyone like I feel for her. I've never desired anyone as nearly as much as I desire her. All the past women I dated only used me for money but my angel.....she's nothing like others. She's different. She's my heart, my soul. The very air I breathe, every step I take everything thing I do now is for her. I don't know how her family could have abandoned her but their loss was my most precious gift in the world. She deserves to be worshipped and loved.

Hearing a groan from my angel I watch as she begins to awaken. Her beautiful eyes flutter open as she rubs her eyes with her small fists. She is so adorable. She smiles up at me before gently resting her small warm hand on my cheek. "Hello there Baby. To what do I owe this beautiful awakening?". I chuckle at her statement before sitting on the couch and lifting her onto my lap sideways. "Well I have bad news and I don't exactly know the best way to tell you."

"Xander. You're the love of my life, you know you can tell me anything." I cup her cheek softly as she leans into my touch. "Sterlight set up an international business meeting that could benefit our business but he wants to hold the meeting tomorrow. So that means I'd have to fly out to New York tonight by 11pm. I want you to come with me angel-"

"No Xander. I need to stay here. Your meeting is important and I'll only be in your way."  How can my beautiful angel not see how important she is?.