Chapter 65

Natalie's Pov

2 months later

Literally waddling into the kitchen at 4:30am I head straight to the cold metal fridge to find food. I've been having all sorts of weird cravings throughout this pregnancy and it's been crazy. I literally feel like I'm going to pop any day now but the babies aren't due for another 3 weeks. I can't wait to meet them. Hold their soft and tiny little bodies in my arms, talk to them, rock them to sleep, kiss their little heads and coo at their little baby noises.

Coming back from my baby thought I proceed to make a grilled cheese and cucumber sandwich along with vegetable roasted potato chips. As I eat my glorious and delicious food I feel strong arms wrap around my stomach as Xander places a kiss on my neck. I giggle when he blows on my sweet spot before turning around and pecking his lips.

"Was my pregnant little waddling angel hungry?" I feel heat rise to my cheeks at the nickname, or should I say nicknames. "Yes she was. The twins needed something cheesy and delicious." I offer him a bite of my sandwich, bringing it up to his lips as he bites down into it. His face goes emotionless at the taste. "Love, are there cucumbers in this sandwich?". I nod my head and smile up at him at the same time. "Delicious huh?"

He just forces a smile and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek while I continue to ravish my food.

After I was done I cleaned and dried my dish and suddenly I was scooped up bridal style by Xander. "You don't have to carry me everywhere baby. I'm perfectly fine walking." He simply kisses my forehead making me hum in satisfaction at the sweet gesture. "You're supposed to be on bed rest angel and I know you haven't been following orders lately."

He wasn't wrong. When I became eight months pregnant Dr. Carl told me make sure I stay on bed rest so I don't hurt myself but you know I'm stubborn. I did listen to him sometimes but the most I stayed in bed for a week was 3 days. Come on I need to move around and do something instead of feeling immobile.

He lays me back down in bed and gets in himself. "I really try to follow orders but you know how much I hate being confined to something that requires sitting around and doing nothing for 2 months."

He kisses my hand affectionately and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I know love. But you're going to give birth any time now and it's important that your body gets all the rest you need for this delivery." I watch as worry flashes in eyes but I cup his cheeks lovingly and whisper. "Don't worry about me. I'm going to be fine. I'm strong and more importantly I'm ready for this. We don't have to be afraid."

I kiss his nose giggling before cuddling up close with as we try to sleep out the rest of the night....or should I say morning.

Once morning came, I decided that today I would make myself breakfast instead of Ana doing it all the time. I feel really bad because ever since I've been on bed rest she's been coming in for more work shifts. As I attempt to slowly get out of bed, an arm wraps around my stomach before a demanding voice is heard. "And just where do you think you're going this morning angel?"

Darn it!

"Uh-uh bathroom?" I answer but it's sounds more like a question. "I know you're not going to the bathroom angel, you're going downstairs and that's why I'm not letting you leave my arms just yet". He tells me and places a soft kiss on the back of my head.

As if right on cue my stomach makes a gurgling sound. He chuckles before letting me go and gets out the bed. I instantly miss the warmth but I know we'll get to do  plenty of cuddling later. He slips on his robe and helps me with mine before lifting me up in his arms and carrying me downstairs. My Greek god is so strong. He sits me down on the stool at the island in the kitchen and begins to pull out food from the fridge.