Chaper 44

Natalie's Pov

I feel strong hand rub soothing circles on my back. I instantly recognize the touch. "It's ok baby. Your ok, just let it all out". Xander kisses my temple before wetting a cloth and wiping my mouth. I begin to stand to my feet but before I can Xander lifts me up, closes the toilet seat and sits me on top. He flushes it behind me.

"How do you feel love?" He puts a hand to my forehead and cheeks to see if I feel warm but I don't feel warm. "Just sick. I think it was the food, might be food poisoning. I'm sorry I left so abruptly." He kisses my nose lovingly and kisses my hands. "There's nothing to be sorry about angel. And you didn't ruin anything at all. Actually I hope they can all leave soon so I can cuddle with you. Tonight we'll watch movies and cuddle, how does that sound?"

"Perfect. But when are they all going to leave?"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that part. Especially that Jake. I didn't appreciate the looks he kept giving you during dinner. I hate it when people make you uncomfortable princess and so that's why I'm going to have to have a special talk with him before he leaves." Mercy that means he might threaten his life. "Xander, please don't do anything....really bad. I don't want to be the cause of a rivalry between you two."

"Love there was a rivalry between us since college. He's always wanted what I had but he most definitely will not have you. You're mine sweet angel. Now get dressed into the night clothes I laid out for you on the bed when I go back downstairs.You're sick which means you are not to move a muscle out of this bed until I get back. Understand?" I nod my head and he helps me brush my teeth real quick before carrying me out the bathroom and gently resting me on the bed.

"I'll be right back love". He kisses the top of my head and I look to see what he has laid out for me.

I giggle to myself

I giggle to myself. My King always chooses something sexy for me. And trust me I'm not complaining.

I change clothes and begin to pick the pins out of my hair, setting it free and brushing it out. I put on my warm fuzzy cotton socks and relax on the bed as I begin to think. What is so shady about that Jake guy? Why did he keep smirking at me? Why did I throw up like that earlier? I mean..I've never had food poisoning before and I thought everything I bought was fresh. Oh no, what if I'm pregnant?. No no that's silly. But wait....Xander and I haven't used protection since the first few times we've had sex. Oh my gosh oh my goodness I might be pregnant!

I begin to feel anxiety take over me and feel my heart speed up a bit. I inhale and exhale deeply, trying to calm my heart before it gets over excited. Bringing a hand up to my lightly tightened chest I continue to breathe in and out and as the anxiety passes I make a mental note to call in another prescription for myself. I hear Xander's footsteps before he reaches the door and I immediately straighten up.