Chapter 35

Natalie's Pov

His mom? the one that left him to start a new life when he needed her? the one that he hoped would comeback every single day? the one that should have been there to raise him instead of letting him go through years of pain just from waiting for her return. He had to go through some horrible things in his past and she wasn't here. Why did she come now though? I mean if she really doesn't care why come here. "Mother what on earth are you doing here"?

"I had to come and find you. I know you probably want a good explanation as to my presence here and I'll tell you. But how have you've been my son, you've grown so handsome". The woman walks up to Xander, reaching up to touch his cheek but he stops her hand. "No mother. You left me when I was helpless. At a time when I needed you most and now you want to come back and play mommy of the year. I don't think so. You don't know what it was like. To wonder where your mother could have went or why she left for so long. Not a day went by when I didn't think of you, even when dad told me you were dead. I never gave up hope and wished that youd some day come back to me but things have changed now. This woman here is the love of my life. Natalie this is the woman that left me for her own selfish reasons". reaching my hand out to shake hers, she just stares at it, looking me up and down with a dirty look as if I was trash itself. "You're in love with..her?" withdrawing my hand I look down at my shoes. Ok that was kind of offensive. "Honestly Xander I always thought you liked blondes. What happened"?. looking up at a very angry Xander I grab his hand to try and calm him. "You know you can't continue to date her. What does she have to offer you? I mean look at her. You need a woman that will not sleep or marry you for your money.''

I try to speak but he beats me to it. "The nerve of you to stand here and tell me who I should and shouldn't be with. I don't care where you went all those years I don't need you in my life anymore and I most definitely wont let you come after all these years and try to tell me how to live mine. Natalie is more important than life to me and you will not stand here and say such things about her. I don't give a damn that you were once my mother, next time you disrespect her you get the same thing I give to those who mess with whats mine". His mother lets out a gasp of shock before turning her eyes to me.

"I can tell just by looking at her she's no good for you. What do you even do for a living dear? it must be pretty important in order for you to be associated with my son". wow this woman is unbelievably rude. "I have a full time job as a waitress downtown LA. It pays well so I've always been able to support myself." she scoffs with a smirk before turning back to Xander. "You better find a real woman who is actually worthy of you and not some pathetic waitress."

"Love forgive me I'll be right back I need to have a word with my mother". nodding with a small smile I watch as he leads her to what seems like a private room. Dear God I hope he doesn't hurt the woman. Yes she was very mean but I still could never wish harm against anyone, regardless of what they've done. Deciding to get a drink, I head to the refreshments. Not paying any attention to my whereabouts I feel myself bump into a tall figure. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I-" looking up I see the one person I was afraid to approach all evening. Jack, Aka Xander's uncle. He gives me a sadistic smirk and I immediately feel nervous about being alone with him. "Ah, what a lovely surprise to see you tonight. I would've thought my nephew would've been smart enough to get rid of you by now but he hasn't. He must really care about you. But I still have an understanding as to why he would date and orphan. A girl with no dowry or family."

"Maybe that's because he loves me for who I am and not what I have. Not all women are gold diggers Mr. Jack. Some of us truly have good intentions."

"Maybe so, but that's never happened with Xander. Look I'm going to be honest, I don't like you. I don't think you are worthy enough to be in Xander's life or that you're good enough for him. All you will do is bring him down and cause trouble. I don't know much about you but I promise I will find out more. " I try to keep my eyes from watering up. How can anyone be so cruel to someone they don't even know?

"Go ahead and learn anything you want about me. I don't care that you don't approve of Xander and I's relationship but don't you dare insult his knowledge. I love him more than anything in my life so if you have anymore problems then I suggest you take it up with Xander". He gives me a sick smile before nodding and disappearing into the crowd. I let out a deep breath, placing a hand over the left side of my chest. I feel my heart beating at a very very fast rate, almost too fast. Taking breaths in and out slowly I begin to get my heart to calm down. I wish I brought my prescription with me, now would a good time so I don't have pains later. My heart only does this when I get overexcited and I guess Jack can do that. I can't let him upset me like this though. And Xander can never find out.

"Angel are you ok?" I feel Xander wrap his arms around my from behind and place a kiss at the back of my neck. I immediately melt into his touch as he holds me even tighter. "Why are you trembling my love? did someone scare you"? I begin to open my mouth to tell him his uncle had a little displaying of his opinion about our relationship, but atlas I close it back. This is his night and I don't want him to get him started. "No no nothing has frightened me. I just bumped into someone that's all." he raises an eyebrow in questioning.

"Who?" I smile and just shrug as if it was a stranger. "Ok well I'm getting ready to have a meeting with the men, are you coming?"

"No I don't...think that's a good idea. I'm actually just going to stay out here and talk to your aunt. I wouldn't feel comfortable going in there". He nods an places a hand on my cheek before kissing my lips. "Ok princess. I wont be long and after the meeting we can head home." nodding I kiss the hand that cradles my cheek before he leaves for the meeting.

I head to the ladies room to make sure I still look decent, when I catch a blonde girl staring at me intensely. "So you must be the new girl everyone is obsessing about. I'm Danny, nice to meet you Natalie". smiling she stretches her hand out for me to shake which I gladly do so.

"Wow you're even more beautiful than Martha and Leo described. I own a new business in decor designs Called Autumn. We create themes for whenever we host business balls or parties, dinners etc such as this."

"Its lovely to meet you Danny. Gosh I wish I had as many friends as Xander and his family." I say in wonder.

"Well you know everyone loves Xander, I for one can't say that but I know he's a good friend to those that are a good friend to him. I gotta admit when I found out he had a girlfriend I was dying to meet you. And looking at you now. I have a feeling there could be no woman better in his life."

"Thank you so much Danny, you don't know how much better I feel by hearing that." looking at her for a good moment I notice her light gray eyes and small dimple. Her skin was definitely flawless but her eyes were so kind. I think we're going to be great friends.

 I think we're going to be great friends

"We should hang out some time Natalie. I enjoy your company." agreeing with her we both exchange numbers before saying goodbye. 

Making my way out the ladies room I find Xander walking from the conference hall and in my direction. "Lets go home love." smiling I take his hand in mine and we head outside to his lemo.