Chapter 47

Xander's Pov

Right now I'm currently sitting in my office going over documents. Normally I would completely open minded and focused during work but today is different. I can't stop thinking or should I say worrying about my princess. I know she said she would tell me if something was wrong but I also know she can be stubborn sometimes and try to handle things herself. She feels she doesn't want to be a bother to anyone but I need her to bother me everyday of my life until I die just so I know she's safe.

I also do hate the fact that she's working and it could be dangerous for her if she works too hard. That's why after this week I'm not allowing her to work anymore, I need to take care of her and our child growing inside her and even though I know she will be upset, I can't let her go back to work. I already have enough money to provide for us in a billion other lifetimes and then some so I'm going to need to her to just trust me with this.

I let out a sigh as I continue to flip through paper work and documents on deals for the company. I remember the times when nothing was more important to me than this business and the Mafia. The days where I didn't care about anything or anyone but myself. But my whole...life has changed since I met Natalie. And I would much rather spend all my time with her but I know I have other matters I have to attend to sometimes.

I hear a knock at the door and giving the permission I see Leo walk in. "Boss, you have a visitor here to see you".

"Who?". Just as soon as I asked, the door opens up completely and in walks in my mother. Angelina Ravolio. She takes a seat on the couch as she turns her gaze upon me with an intrigued expression. "I see you're doing very well for yourself my son. I always knew you were smart, knew that you would someday be the biggest success and follow in your fathers footsteps."

I try not to scoff at her statement and torturous words of kindness. "Thank you mother. And you know what the what part of all my success is?. That the entire time I was being trained, prepared and raised for this lifestyle, my mother was never there for not even once to support me. She could have stayed and not left me with a man with such a temper like my father but instead she ran off to whore around my father's business partner and best friend. She left her own child to suffer so she could be free of motherly duties. I want you to know that you did not in any way have anything to do with he man I have become now. Because you left, it has made me stronger and more protective when it comes to family because you never protected me from father. The many many nights I would cry myself to sleep, longing and praying for you to come back home to me. Well mother dear I am a grown man now and I certainly don't need you in my life. There's only one woman I need and that's Natalie because she is the only woman that has never failed me. She stands by me no matter what. And even when I almost scared her off she never even held a grudge. She never even...got angry at me. She...is the only one good thing in my life. The only thing that's still pure. And if you ever set foot near her or speak to her again I swear to fuck I will not hesitate to slit your throat. You do know who ran the Mafia the past several years ago and you know I excel in taking a life. I will not think twice before taking yours."

She stares at me in fear. Shock. And complete unbelief. "Xander. I am your mother and how dare you think about about choosing that wench over me. Your own mother for Christ's sake! I had to leave you and your father behind because your father was a cheating bastard who didn't give a damn about his wife and child at home. He would rather spend his nights with sluts and gold diggers than be with his actual family and I couldn't handle it! Ok! I couldn't!"

I hear her begin to sob but her tears mean nothing to me. "I had to put you and your father out of my mind. I couldn't handle the other women, the lies I just couldn't deal with it all. So I left. I left my son for a new and better life so I could be free from the pain and the distrust. But ever day I have regretted that choice I made those years ago and if I could change that and go back in time...I promise you I would. You're my son and I still love you...I never stopped."

All these years I waited for her to come back home. To protect me from my dad and if she had I know my life would've been different. I would never have ran the Mafia or even been a business success. I would never have met my precious Angel Natalie. But I'm thankful that she left when she did. Because if she didn't I would have the love of my life here with me, would never have known what it feels like to be truly happy. So there's no need for my mother to be in my life anymore.

"Mother I would like for you to leave my office this very instant unless you'd like to be man handled by security. Oh and don't bother coming to visit me or call ever again. I think it's best we don't keep contact because if I see you again the next meeting won't be nearly as civil as this. Have I made myself clear?"

She nods her hear before turning walk out the door but hesitates as she turns to look at me once more. "I hope she can bring you more happiness than I ever did." Was all I heard before the closing of the door.

I know she's my mother but she was never there for me and now I'm a grown man who doesn't need his mother in his life anymore. And besides, anyone who has a problem with my angel has a problem with me. All I need now is my future wife and our growing little peach.

Smiling to myself at the thought of my love I click on my phone which displays a picture of her and that breath taking smile of hers. Flipping through my contacts I almost instantly reach her number and dial it until I hear her angelic voice. "Hello Xanded. I already knew it was you because you've called me the last 4 times in less than 2 hours and yes I'm doing just fine. I'm not tired nor working too hard in any way and no I do not have any tightness in my chest nor pain in my tummy. I believe our little peach is doing quite alright in there." She giggles which causes my heartbeat to quicken. Every time I hear that beautiful laugh it makes my day even brighter. "Good my love. And you know I will never stop calling you when you're away from me so always expect your phone to ring. I miss you so much angel, I just want you here with me."

"Aww my big baby misses me! Don't worry Xander my shift should be over sooner than I expected because it hasn't been too busy today. But you know in any way I can help I need to."

"Yes but you're also pregnant. And you have a fragile heart so you must be very careful princess. I don't want anything to happen to you or our baby." I smile as I begin to think of what our family will be like soon. I'm going to be a father and to such a beautiful child.

"I know Xander. And you're right so that's why I've been doing some thinking and I'm going to tell my boss I'll need the next 9 months off with the exception that I will only come in when it gets too busy for the empty to handle and I'll come in on a day and help out a bit. I promise it will be very very rare and if I'm not feeling up to it I won't come in either way. Ok baby?"

I internally groan before letting out a low frustrated sigh. "Okay love. But just know if I don't think it's a good idea I won't let you go."

"I understand. Well I should get back to work but I'll see you in 3 hours?"

"Nice try kitten. But 2 and a half."

"Ok. I love you."

"Love you more angel."

Hanging up I sit my phone on my desk and continue to sort through paperwork.