Chapter 18

Xander's Pov

When we are seated at our table I can't help but stare at my love's memorizing beauty. "What?, is there something on my face?" I chuckle at her assumptions and hold her hands gently in mine. "Your too beautiful love. I'm afraid that if I ever let you go anywhere alone someone might try to steal you from me".

"No one could ever take me from you Xander. No one. Because I'm yours. I always have been and I always will be I hope. I hope we work because I really care about you". I smile at my precious love and think about how she has no idea that we'll for sure always be together. "We will always work love. We we meant to be together and I will never stop loving you." She smiles at me lovingly just as our waiter comes to our table.

"Good evening, my name is Chris and I'll be your waiter tonight. Oh Mr Moretti what an honor to see you again, and what a lovely lady you have here with you." . I notice him wink at my love and I growl at him loud enough for him to notice. "I'm sorry, I will be taking your orders for you if you're ready."

I quickly order our food and watch him sprint away almost tripping over his own feet. I smirk at his nervousness. He better fear being in my presence and better not flirt with my woman again. "Xander look at how beautiful this place is, isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?" She asks me with excitement in her voice.

"No princess because that would be you." I say to my love.

"You're making me blush. Why are you laughing at me." I laugh at her innocence as I find it very adorable.

"I'm laughing with you sweetheart." After a while our food came.

"Here are your plates Mr and Mrs Moretti, I will be right back with a refill for your champagne". I look over to my love to see her flushed. "I like the sound of that, don't you love. Mr and Mrs Moretti, Natalie Moretti that sounds lovely." She giggles and I smile.

"That does sound nice, but let's enjoy this moment now. I want to remember this nice because this is our first time out to dinner together. It's so romantic I really don't ever want this to end."

And it won't. I need my love to know it can and will be like this forever. "Angel you have nothing to worry about. It will always be like this ok"?. She nods her head with a smile. "We need to talk about your job though. I really don't feel comfortable about you working there because I don't know who else will be crazy enough to hurt you. And as I told you before, I will take care of you so you really don't have to work but I know you want to work so I've come up with a compromise. If you work, you must not work late until 9pm like usual, you can work until 2 and only during 3 days of the week, the rest of the days I want you by my side."

"What if you're busy with work at the office Xander?, I won't let me be the cause of you not being able to get work done, I'll only be in your way." She explains worriedly.

I lift her chin up to face me. "Never ever say that again Bella. You'll never be in my way because you're the only light in my life. Now. If you want to stay home than that's ok but I want you somewhere I know that you are safe and that is most certainly not your job. Too many things have happened there Natalie and I can't risk anything happening and I'm not there to save you. You're the first priority in my life now and I must and will do everything to keep you safe."

"I understand baby. But I can't be protected from everything because in reality the truth is I am going to get hurt a few times. But I can always come to you for help. Please Xander, I promise you I will be fine I just don't want you to stress yourself out over this. I do agree to your terms but what exactly will I be doing for you while you work in your office?. I'd rather not distract you or impose on your work."

I smirk at her as I think about all the sorts of activities that will take place one day in my office between my princess and I. "I need you there with me because you calm me. I can't focus on my work unless I know you're going to be protected and I am going to keep you safe so you will be at the office with me. And no arguing kitten."

She nods her head in agreement. And I reach over and kiss her cheek. After a while we finish our food and make our way back to the Lemo as I have a surprise for my beautiful princess. "Love, there's something I want to show you and I hope you like it."

"I will love it. I love everything you do for me."

I smile at her while nervously contemplating on whether I should have showed her this place or not. It's special because it's where my mother used to take me growing up to be alone. Sometimes when my parents would quarrel with each other, she would leave and take me with her to a hidden tree house like place in the woods. When I was 12 my parents got divorced which is hard for any child but it what worse for me because that was the day my mom left me to live with my dad by myself. I remember crying for her every day. Growing up without my mother, my father was never an affectionate person. He never spent much time for me and when he did it was a lesson on how I will run the company one day. He was always hard on me even before my mother left. He taught me how to be cruel, heartless, unmerciful, stubborn and ruthless. By the time I finished all my schooling I was the new owner of Moretti Industries and I took my work very seriously. Now when it came to social life of course I was at clubs bars and I slept with different women almost everynight. I always made sure I used protection so that I never got stuck with a responsibility I wasn't ready for nor wanted with the wrong person. The women I slept with only were after my money as they thought sleeping with the most wealthy Billionaire would make them rich or something. It amazes me how quickly my angel is changing me and she doesn't even know it. The reason why couldn't talk to her about my parents is because my father is still a heartlessman and I don't want her to get to know someone like him. I didn't talk about my mother because I don't ever want her to do that to me, leave me.