Chapter 41

Xander's Pov

Smiling down at the sleeping beauty next to me I gently push tendrils of her curls from her face and behind her ear. I bring a hand up and caress the baby soft skin of her cheek as she continues to sleep ever so peacefully.  How did I manage to get so lucky to have her?.

In my heart I felt I didn't deserve her. I shouldn't have tainted her purity with my darkness. There are still things she doesn't know about me. I haven't told her about my past as the leader of the strongest Mafia gang in the world. That fact that I used to kill people for a living. If I tell her I know she'll leave me. But she deserves to know the truth because I don't ever want to keep secrets form the love of my life. And my future wife.

That's why I've decided that when she wakes up, I'm going to tell her the whole truth. I love her with every fiber of my being and if she decides to leave. I will be heart broken but I'd understand why she wouldn't want to live with a killer.

Stroking the top of her head I press a soft kiss to her cheek and use my other hand to rub small circles on her back. I hear my phone ring on the night stand and checking it I see its one of my secretaries, Greyson.

"Yes Greyson, and this better be good". I answer, annoyed that I was interrupted durning watching my angel sleep.

"It is sir. The owners from starlight incorporation have decided to discuss our New York deal on one condition........it has to be tonight at your place and no later than 6pm. They won't take no for an answer Sir and if  you refuse they won't even consider the New York deal in the slightest ".

Jake Sterlight always did manage to piss me off whenever we tried to make deals with the same companies. Now that I'm trying to expand my company all over New York, he wants to make this even more difficult. He's always been a competitive man, ever since we were in college. He always tried to beat me at everything but failed terribly. Now he wants to come to my home simply to see how luxurious it is, I know what this is all about.

"Ok, Go ahead and schedule the dinner for 6pm, not a minute later."

"Yes Sir, I'll notify you as soon as they reach California."

"Thank you Greyson".

Hanging up the phone and throwing it back on the nightstand I sigh. I have a feeling the meeting isn't the only reason Jake is flying here. One thing I know about him is that he's always wanted what I had. I won't let him anywhere near my sweet Natalie tonight. If he tries anything and I mean anything crazy I will personally see to it that his life is a living hell. No one would dare think to hurt my love unless they would like to die early.

Suddenly I feel small arms wrap around me and I immediately smile as I recognize the touch. "Good morning Baby . Did you sleep well?". Just hearing that sweet voice makes me want to hold her close. " Yes my beautiful love". I kiss the palm of her hand. "I slept wonderfully because you were with me". Turning around I pull her into my lap and pull her from the back of her neck to my lips. The kiss is soft and enduring and I lick her lips as if asking for entrance. She opens her mouth as I plunge my tongue in, still moving my lips with her's. I feel her arms move from my chest to wrap around my neck as she pulls us closer together. She lets out a little moan when my lips travel to her neck as I place butterfly kisses down to the center of her chest.

I remember what I had to tell her and pull away from her. She gives me a confused look and looks down as if she did something wrong. "I'm sorry." I immediately pull her into my arms and place a kiss to her lips. "No love, you did nothing wrong. It's just...well I have to tell you something about my past". She nods her head in understanding before telling me to go on. Reaching down I grab her small hands before taking a breathe and explaining my past.