CHAPTER 21

Learning To Cope

Jin's car screeched to a halt in front of their hotel.

Nam Suji started taking her seatbelt off but noticed Jin still holding on to the steering wheel looking straight ahead. They hadn't spoken the whole journey back, what was there to say though? Strange as it sounds, Suji knew how Jin felt without him having to say anything.

"Are you not getting off?" Suji asked as she held the car door handle.

Jin blinked slightly from his daze and turned to her, "You go in first."

Suji hesitated for a moment before nodding, "Ok then...don't be too long..."

Jin forced a tired smile at her as she got out of his car. He waited for her to enter the hotel safely before starting the engine and speeding off again.

Suji turned around and looked through the glass door at his fading car, wondering where he was going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kang Soo Ah shook her head to keep herself awake, she peered down the corridor and sighed when she saw no-one. She hugged her knees again and pouted as she waited outside RM's apartment. It was nearly midnight and no one had seen or heard from RM yet.

She'd even gone to the other guys to ask where he was or whether they should go looking for him, but they all told him the best thing they could do was leave him alone for right now. But how could Soo Ah just do that? The aching pain in her heart got the better of her and so here she was, outside his apartment waiting for him.

Soo Ah didn't know what she would say to him if she did see him, but that didn't matter because right now the only thing that would put her heart at ease was seeing him.

She slowly placed her cheek on her knee and looked down the corridor longingly. She closed her eyes and remembered the look on RM's face when he found out that his mother had passed away. Soo Ah snapped her eyes open and shook her head trying to get the image out, everytime she thought about how hurt, how shock he looked, she felt these pangs of pain in her heart.

Soo Ah suddenly looked up when she heard the lift doors at the far end opening. She quickly stood up and squinted her eyes at the figure approaching her but she let out a disappointed sigh when she realised it was only Hoseok.

"Soo Ah...what are you doing here?" Hoseok asked as he approached her.

"Neh?" Soo Ah asked, not knowing what reason to give him.

Hoseok stood in front of RM's door and sighed, "He's still not back?"

Soo Ah shook her head slowly, "Hoseok shi are you sure we shouldn't be out looking for him?"

"No, trust me at times like this it's best to leave him alone," he answered with a dark expression.

"Has...?" Soo Ah bit her lip and decided not to ask.

"Has he had times like this before you mean?" Hoseok asked as he leaned on the wall opposite to her.

Soo Ah nodded.

For a moment it seemed like Hoseok had gone into a daze, staring at the wall beside Soo Ah and forgetting she was even there. Soo Ah looked at him with furrowed brows when she could see a sad and distant expression on his face.

"Hoseok shi?" she finally spoke breaking him from his memories.

"Huh?" he looked up at her looking expectantly at him, "Oh...sorry."