CHAPTER 44

Revelation

"Undercover?"

The girls froze up, that familiar voice that had always welcomed them with a smile was the voice they feared the most that moment in time. Lee Hyerin, Kang Soo Ah, and Nam Suji slowly turned around and came face to face with Kyungmin looking like she'd just seen a ghost.

"Unnies?" Kyungmin gasped again, goosebumps running down her arms, "..Are you cops?"

Suji clenched her jaw and stood there silently with Soo Ah and Hyerin, all three unable to say anything.

Kyungmin's eyes grew wide when she heard no answer, no explanation. How could they be cops? They were her bodyguards, more than that they were her unnies, her family. But she'd just heard their conversation and there was no mistake that she heard Soo Ah say they were undercover cops.

The girls nervously watched Kyungmin as she realised the truth. Kyungmin's eyes then slowly darted towards the door and then quickly back at the girls. She gulped and took a step back.

Soo Ah realised what Kyungmin was about to do, she was going to try to run. As soon as Kyungmin turned around and broke into a run, Soo Ah ran too and grabbed Kyungmin's arm pulling her back.

"Kyungmin!"

"AHHH! OPPA!! OPPA!!" Kyungmin screamed as she fell onto the floor.

"Kyungmin!! Kyungmin!!" Soo Ah tried to turn her to face her.

"Kyungmin!" Hyerin and Suji ran to them and helped Soo Ah hold onto Kyungmin.

"OPPASS HELPP!!" Kyungmin screamed shaking her head, trying to struggle free, "JOON OPPA!! JIN OPPA!!"

"Kyungmin!! IT'S US!! WE'RE NOT GOING TO HURT YOU!" Soo Ah tried to calm her down but Kyungmin kept struggling on the floor.

"NO!! GET AWAY!! OPPASSS!" she screamed.

"Kyungmin!!" Suji grabbed Kyungmin's shoulders and shook her until she looked at Suji, "We're not going to hurt you, we promise please honey it's us."

Kyungmin breathed heavily and she looked at the girls in fear.

Suji pulled her into her arms and rocked her gently, "I'm so sorry...Kyungmin-ah...I'm so so sorry."

Kyungmin shook her head and tried to struggle free, "Ani...ani!! UNNIES! Tell me you're lying!! PLEASEE!" she started crying into Suji's arms.

Soo Ah broke down in tears too in front of her, she was so tired of it all. More than anything she wanted to tell Kyungmin it was all a lie and that they weren't cops but she couldn't, "...please forgive me...I'm so sorry-"

"NO NO!" Kyungmin shook her head and pushed Suji off her, "please say you're lying!!"

"I'm so sorry..."

"NO!! What are you saying unnie?!!" Kyungmin cried, "That you're a cop?! Oh my god!" she gasped and tried to run again, "Oppas! I need to warn them!! You're going to hurt them!"

"NO!" Hyerin reached for Kyungmin's hand, "That's the last thing we want to do please believe us-"

"Believe you?!" Kyungmin shouted, "How am I meant to believe you?! You've betrayed us!!"

Suji shook her head, "Kyungmin try to understand please....please just hear us out and after that you can decide what to do ok? Please?"

Kyungmin slowly looked up at her unnies' anxious faces and she slowly nodded her head.

"You're right," Suji began, "...we are cops.."

Kyungmin let out a deep sigh and covered her hand.