CHAPTER 26

Gangnam Style!

Kang Soo Ah watched RM's back as he walked in front of her. She put her hands behind her and tilted her head wondering what he was thinking now. They'd been walking through this tiny town for a while now but he didn't say anything he just kept walking and Soo Ah kept following.

She finally sighed and ran up next to him, "Where are we going?"

RM didn't reply and just walked in a daze.

"RM it's going to get dark soon-" Soo Ah stopped in her tracks when he looked down at her, "....what?"

"Nothing," he grumbled, slightly disappointed she was still calling him RM and started to walk again.

Soo Ah pouted and followed him again, looking around here, "How did you know to come here anyway?"

RM slightly turned to look at her looking at the small buildings and shops, "Kyungmin's file."

Soo Ah nodded as she carried on looking around, "It's so empty."

He looked around and noticed that there was hardly a soul around, "...This was her hometown."

Soo Ah looked up at him now while still walking, "Your omma's?"

"Yeah," he sighed and carried on walking too through the empty town as if he was imagining his mother walking around the place. She must have gone into that shop that he just went past was all he could think of. That bakery must be where she bought her bread, she must have sat on that bench, had lunch with friends at that cafe was all he could think.

Suddenly both of them heard loud cheers and claps coming from down the road, they looked at each other before peering over to see what the noise was about.

"Come on!" Soo Ah headed in front of RM pulling him along with her.

He let her pull her as he placed his free hand in his pocket not really bothered about what was going on.

"OMO! That's where everyone was!!" Soo Ah clapped excitedly and left him to run to the large crowd that had gathered in the town square.

"Excuse me....excuse me," Soo Ah squeezed her way through the crowd all the way to the front and watched some sort of game or competition happening.

RM stood behind the crowd wondering where Soo Ah had got to.

"What's going on?" Soo Ah asked one of the ahjussi next to her.

"You don't know?" he laughed, "You must not be local then."

"No," Soo Ah shook her head as she watched what seemed like couples do different things.

"This is our town's annual event for newly wedded couples, our little way of saying congratulations," the ahjussi explained while Soo Ah nodded along, "What we do is have a mini competition of little games to test their love for each other and whoever wins gets a year's worth of prized Korean beef set!"

"A YEAR'S WORTH??!!" Soo Ah exclaimed as the man pointed out the stack of delicious Korean beef in the front, "....I want....."

"Why don't you join in? Do you have a husband?" the ahjussi asked.

For the first time in her life she so wished she had one, I mean it was korean beef!!!! Heol! Maybe it was because she hadn't had anything to eat the whole day but she could have sworn the beef was talking to her saying 'Soo Ah eat me...eat meeeeeee'.

She pouted, "I wish I did- ack,"

"Yah why did you run off," RM suddenly appeared beside her yanking her back.