5: 實驗

I wake up in the morning and get out of my bed, trying not to wake Lana. I grab my keys and my wallet and headed to Starbucks. The food there is undoubtedly expensive, but Lana liked their hot chocolate and cake pops.

Anything for Lana.

I purchased everything just to find myself with another empty wallet, but at least Lana won't start her day with an empty stomach. I turned the lock and the door creaked open.

I checked my phone.

-7:15-

Shit.

I got my backpack and quickly kissed Lana on the forehead and left. I put the food on the table; she'll know to eat it when she wakes up.

I strolled around the streets, making my way to the school. I sipped on my coffee but immediately spat it out when I saw JungKook, on the other side of the road, walking to school as well.

If he comes from the same area is he like me? Maybe he is going through the same thing but keeps it from everyone.

Wait no. I bet he comes from the street just a few turns from mine.

That's where the rich asses live. I swore under my breath when he saw me.

"..Aera..?" He slowly made his way across the street.

I shook my head in panic and turned, to walk away from him. But I felt his hand tighten around my wrist.

"What do you want?" He glared at me with a discomforted look on his face.

I took a deep breath and turned around.

"What do you want? You're the one that had to come and talk to me."

He scoffed.

"If you like me just say so. It's obvious. First you act tough, then you tell me to hate you, probably just to make it less obvious. Oh and look at you, stalking me to school?"

It was stupid how we're bickering like children but my childish hate towards him makes it hard to stop.

"I could say the same to you! First you were being an asshole, then you tried to I don't know..make me fall in love with you, and then you suddenly went back to treating me like shit! Like what did I ever do? And did I not mention, you are stalking me to school."

He let go of me and walked ahead.
I scoffed and put my hands to my waist.

"You bastard! How could you just take off without replying? Do you have ears?"

I shook my head and followed him, since I need to get to school as well. But he suddenly turned back to me and didn't stop, making me stumble back. I nearly bumped my forehead into his chest.

"What?" I gulp. His eyes were sharp and intense, looking at me like it was all he was made to do.

"Let's start over."

My eyes widened in shock of the sudden change of atmosphere. It's like he changed personalities in a matter of seconds.

"I wanted to hate you for rejecting me despite already knowing the misunderstanding, but even so, you're the only one that's ever made me feel anything. Let's not forget how little time we've spent together. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't stop thinking about what we could be if we didn't fight all the time."

He's gone insane. Jeon JungKook has gone insane.

"You're ridiculous." Is all I manage to say.

"I never hated you." He reasoned.

I walked past, accidentally brushing his shoulder as I did. I'd intended to head to school, it was not my intention to be late.

But he wrapped his hand around my wrist and spun me bacl. How many times has he done this now?

"Let me go, JungKook. I'll scream rape! Don't make me!" I hit at his hand, but he wouldn't let go.

"I know we came off to a bad start. But that doesn't make sense.. treating me like that right?"

I started to think about his words more. Maybe I have been a bit harsh on him lately. I hardly know him.

The more he asked the more the knot in my stomach tightened. I gave up so I just stood there, unresponsive to his words. He then, thankfully, let go of me, giving us proper space in between.

"Give me a chance. Let me change your mind about me. Spend one whole week with me, and if you decide you still hate me to death, I'll let you go with no exceptions."

A week. A week with this bastard. I'm starting to feel guilty for thinking him as one already. He's done nothing but try to gain my attention and approval, sure he's a bit insensitive, but I should know that it was all out of pure intentions.

"Take this as a chance for me to get to know you, properly." He then reasons again.

I could feel him jump when I nodded.

Maybe one week can become longer, maybe not. We'll see.

He shoots his arm out, just like how Eunae had done on my first day of school. And respectfully, I take it.

"I''m Jungkook."

"I'm Aera." A smile tugs at my lips. I feel his eyes on me, and he smiles back, seemingly satisfied.

He pulls his hand back with his fingers still clasped around mine, pulling me into a friendly hug. I rest my chin on his shoulder as I look at the figure walking towards us from behind him.

My heart drops along with my smile.

I should've seen it coming. It was as clear as ice, but I was blinded. I closed my senses and let my guard down.

He would come and mess it all up, sooner or later.

The one that I loved so dearly before.

The one that took my love and gave it away.

The one that made me afraid of everything, and everyone.

Mark.

———
Author's Note:

Hi it's me one year in the future-

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I WRITTEN. WHY ARE YOU READING THIS. OH. MY. GOD.

I'M SO SORRY FOR WHAT I'VE CREATED OMFG THIS IS-

omg.

I have no more words.

update: 2 years later.

i still don't know what the fuck this is

update 3(?) years later.

i still don't know, but for those that are just as uncomfortable as I am, please hold on, it gets less unbearable I promise 😔.