74: 玧其

I picked at my cuticles as my bodyguard drove me to where Yoongi and I were to meet up. He picked a park, one that I have yet to go to. It bothers me that it's such an open and public space, but I didn't want to be an inconvenience, so I said nothing at the time.

I didn't really have these thoughts before, but now that we're minutes away from meeting, the worries are starting to bomb my mind one after another. What if he resents me for the way I let our potential friendship die out back then? I don't actually know how he feels about me. Should I be hopeful that he at least was willing to meet up? But then again, he could just want to curse at me and make sure I know how upset he is.

The possibilities are endless.

Come to think of it, maybe it's good that I can't reconnect with every single one of them. After the outbreak of our scandal, I'm sure they all know I've lied to them by now. My identity, my family background, everything. Who were they even hanging out with? Everything was fake except my name and my sincerity, but that's not always enough, I know. I can't assume that everyone would forgive me out of pity the same way Eunae did. What if I reached out only to find that they don't want anything to do with me? I don't want to take that risk.

My worries were replaced with something else as I exited the car and looked to the man pacing around not too far in the distance. I head to the passenger side of the vehicle and ask my bodyguard to roll down the window. He does so, "Can you wait in the car? I just want to make sure I can be safe here."

He kindly nodded without a hint of annoyance, "That's my job. If you see anything peculiar about your surroundings or the friend that's with you, give me a call, you'll find me right here."

I smiled at him, "Thank you, I owe you much more than what my fiancé pays you. I wouldn't leave the house if it weren't for you."

The man responded with a grin as well, "My pleasure. Now please miss, go on now. I don't want you to be late."

I listened and quickly made my way over to the figure walking along the pathway. I jogged up to him and tapped on his back as gently as I could.

He turns around, and my heart thumps out of my chest upon seeing such a familiar face, "Yoongi."

He doesn't look much different now with the same jet black hair. His features stayed the same, but time has still done its share. Yoongi looks so mature now, those same eyes are no longer intimidating, or closed off, but instead calm and peaceful.

He still smiles the same, I realized after getting a glimpse of his trademark gummy expression, "Aera."

Naturally, we're pulled into a hug, "How've you been?" I ask him, running my palm up and down his back.

"Better, is all I can say." We part and I let him lead me to a bench. "Have you been alright?"

His voice is much deeper than I remembered it to be, but the volume is quiet, as it's always been. We sit ourselves down on the wood and it creaks under our weight.

I turn to look at him, "What brings you back here?"

"Oh, just a small business trip. I'll be back in France in a week."

We're always aware of the twist and turns of our own lives. Our own story goes through constant changes and plot twists, but we never really imagine the same for other people. It's so easy to think that everyone has remained where we last left them. But the only person in the same city now is Eunae, Taehyung is abroad somewhere, and now Yoongi is the founder of a clothing line in France. I couldn't guess that he would be into fashion back in high school. But I can see it now, with his long cut coat and black turtleneck. I peered at his dress shoes. That looks...not cheap, let's say.