85: 坦白

"I just need you to know there's a possibility we'll go to trial," Jungkook spoke to me from the bathroom. He's already changed into his usual work attire and is tying his hair up into a bun.

We've been back for a few days now. I still have to figure out what to do with my job. And the baby. It's been drilling holes in my brain just thinking about it. I've been avoiding Jungkook's hugs in bed too. It feels wrong when his hands touch my stomach. He doesn't even know it's there.

"Okay," I flip to my side and pull the blanket over my head.

"That CEO would be there, you know," I heard his voice getting closer, "Will you be okay with that?" I'm sure he's hovering right above me now.

I flip the blanket down to reveal my face. He's all neat and ready for work now. I nod, "I have to be. You worked so hard for this."

"It's not about that," He grins a little, brushing my hair from my face, "Well, I have to head to work now. Call me if you need anything, alright?" Jungkook kisses my forehead tenderly as if I was a child before leaving the bedroom. It makes my cheeks warm.

"See you at night," I called out right before he closed the door behind him. He replied with another smile.

I roll onto my back.

Fuck.

Eunae thinks I should tell him. Trust me, I've tried. I don't know how many times I've called his name just for him to stare at me in confusion while I froze. Everything is perfect now. With just the two of us. It's not like we haven't had the conversation before already. He doesn't want children. I don't want children. So what use is it letting him know if I'm getting rid of it either way?

I want to do something for him for once. It'll save him from the stress of it. And it'll save me from the pain of seeing that look on his face, that look as if the sky had come crashing down.

The doorbell rings and I find my body heavier than it was before. It rings again and I let out a groan, "Coming! I'm coming!" Even if they won't hear it.

I eventually force myself out of bed and take the elevator down to the first floor. It reminds me of when I used to live in that apartment with Lana. I'd always have to climb the stairs up and down. Things aren't like that anymore.

With the life I live now, I should be less miserable for someone who's gone through that much. Maybe I'm just not grateful enough.

I open the door lazily.

"Eunae?"

"Surprise?" She smiles at me with her arms out to hug me. She's the only one that knows I'm pregnant.

I let myself fall into her embrace. I rest my tired head on her shoulder and wrap my arms around her waist, "Do you not have to go to school?"

"I was inspired to change your life when I woke up today, Aera, plus, my class is in the afternoon," She joked, but I felt my heart melt. Eunae didn't have to be here, but she took time from her morning anyway. Meanwhile, it was already a pain for me to simply get out of bed.

I led her inside and sat her down on the couch.

She gestures around the place, "So spacious. Do you like living here?"

I shrug, sitting down right after her, "Anywhere Jungkook is. I don't mind."

"So, about the pregnancy...how have you been?"

"Oh, it's been...real, I guess. The first week I found out, there wasn't much difference, I could almost lie to myself that it wasn't there. But now my whole body aches, and I eat so much more. I can see the bump now too, it's small, but I see it."