6: 信任

Mark approached us with the same devilish smirk that I knew so well.

I took a deep breath and backed away from JungKook.

"J-JungKook.." I couldn't believe the stutter that left my lips. I'm afraid of what's to happen, but I'm not alone anymore. I guess.

"..what is it?"

"There's someone behind you, and he's here... for me. I want you to stand back and watch, don't do anything ok?"

He looked at me, and patted my head.

"I have no fucking idea what you're talking about but if you need me, I'm right here." I chuckled nervously and nodded as I saw him approach us.

"Hey...Mark." My voice was shaking, I could hear it.

JungKook could hear it.

Mark could hear it.

He put his hand on my shoulder, and smiled. It shocks me that that same smile once made the butterflies in my stomach fly.

Now that I think of it, JungKook's smile is way more genuine and soothing to look at. I think the bastard's already starting to rub off on me.

"Long time no see. How's Lana doing?" He looks around the street as if he didn't know where he was, "Oh..so you're still living here? Be careful, my girls bite."

I slapped his hand off, rolling my eyes at his behaviour. Jungkook widened his eyes, but stayed silent, just as I asked him to. This must be so bizarre to him to witness. Who knew walking to school could lead to this?

"Keep Lana out of this. You've done enough."

He caught a glimpse of JungKook, and smirked.

"You." JungKook looked up at him and raised an eyebrow, not showing an ounce of fear.

"Are you sure you wanna mess with this bitch?" JungKook scoffed and crossed his arms. A smile grew on my face at his reaction. I've never felt so little amount of hate towards him before.

"Who I mess with is none of your business. For all I know, the one I shouldn't be messing with is you."

"Look, I won't waste my time. I'm Mark. Her ex boyfriend.  I'm here to talk to her, 'imma borrow her for a while."

I looked back at JungKook and nodded at him.

"What is it." I spoke with a monotone voice.

He suddenly pulled me to the side.

"We talk in private."

He took me to the alley way. I left JungKook standing there, not knowing what to do.

Mark pushes me to the wall the second we're out of Jungkook's sight, and traps me between his grip. His lips went on my neck as he whispered. I bit my tongue to hold back my whimpers.

"No matter how you run, you can't escape me. I know where you live. I know where Lana goes everyday."

His hands made their way down my back, and his lips attacked mine. This isn't right. I don't want this. Definitely not with him.

I kicked his crotch, and pushed him away from me. I stared at the sight before me.

He was yelling in pain; a sight not many get to see.

"Don't worry. I'll be nice. That kick was nothing compared to all the pain you brought me during that time. And... Mark,"

I walked closer to him, crouching down and gave him my coldest glare. I refuse to live the life of a victim like before.