49: 道歉

It's magical, truly. I stepped out of the airport yearning for sleep, I'd never thought that just the sight of someone you love could fill you up the same way. It didn't matter if things weren't sorted out between us, or that there were so many things unsaid. Those things suddenly don't hold as much weight, when you see them after so long of separation. Because just the sight of them is enough to make you forget about all the worries in the world. You feel safe, and free.

I've never felt that with anyone before, I think, as I gazed at Aera, just mindlessly flipping through my closet for clothes to wear after her shower. It was scary, somehow, that someone could be so special to you. They hold so much power to your emotions, your being, just simply because of the fact that you loved them.

Aera is that kind of person to me.

I love her so much it scares me, because I love her with everything in me. I put so much of myself into loving her, it's almost as if I could lose myself in it. It was scarier that I wouldn't mind. If Aera knew about all that I felt for her, I'm guessing she would tell me that it's unhealthy.

I know I was sure about Aera, but maybe sleep was much needed too. I ended up falling asleep first, while waiting for her to finish her shower. It was the sound of the blow dryer that took me out of sleep.

I sit up, eyes adjusting to the dim lights. They weren't this dark before. I make the assumption that Aera adjusted it, maybe after seeing that I fell asleep.

My eyes automatically scan to the bathroom, where the door was left open. Aera stood, resting against the counter with her hand in her hair, the other holding the blow dryer.

"I should've closed the door, right?" She grimaced apologetically at the sight of me awake. She turns off the blow dryer. Something about the way she moves makes me want to be next to her all the time.

"It's fine, you should get your hair dry. I don't mind." I lift the blanket and slip off the bed, making my way to her with my hands rubbing my eyes.

My hands instinctively slip around her waist as I walked past, reaching to grab my toothbrush, "I needed to wash up anyway."

She then hums, and gets back to it. I lean against the counter, watching her; watching her arms reach into the hair that i love so much, watching her lips purse with her eyes casted down. We eventually share the gaze and I can only let my heart guide my lips into a small smile.

It was only a matter of time for me to spit out the toothpaste and abandon the toothbrush. I finally let my hand meet the back of her neck, and connect our lips together, earning a gasp from Aera as she breathed in shock. She puts down the blow dryer behind her, and I feel her closed fists go up to rest on my chest. I run my fingers through her hair, deepening each kiss with our lips going back and forth. I closed my eyes as she did hers. My arms eventually slid down to hug the whole of her waist.

The warmth of our lips, the cool taste of toothpaste, the heat rising up my chest, the taste of her soft lips. I wanted to be gentle. I had only wanted to give her a loving peck. If only I'd known that Aera's effect on me was much stronger. My lips leave her's, trailing to her jaw. For a moment our cheeks simply rested against each other as I nimble at the skin on her neck with a soft smile. I don't know why I smiled. It just felt right to smile, with my lips on her skin and my hands in her shirt.

I kiss the edge of her lips and lean back to look at her, just as she glided her tongue across her bottom lip.

"Sweet." She commented with a crooked smile. I could only let my ears redden.

"Should we get to bed?" I asked with my hands failing to not squeeze her waist.

She hums, "As much as you seem to be full of energy," she then peers down at the bulge through my sweatpants teasingly, "Your eye bags seem to be telling me otherwise."