13: 靠近

"So this is my home." He leads us up the pebbled pathway all the way up to the big door. Lana is sleeping on my shoulder, nearly drooling into my clothing.

"Fancy." He unlocks the door and shiny blinding marble floors greets me as I enter. I cautiously take off my shoes, then Lana's. I try to bend down to put them on the shoe stand but Lana, who's knocked out on my shoulder makes it difficult to move.

"I got her." Jungkook takes her from me and holds her petite figure in his arms. I then successfully place our shoes onto the platform. But the sight was incredibly depressing.

Next to our shoes, rested a few other pairs, that I'm sure I can't even buy with all the money I make in a year. Our shoes were dirty and only barely held together, and theirs...well, just the opposite.

I turn to Jungkook who had his attention on my sister. He gently bopped up and down, pampering her further into sleep. My smile failed to falter when I caught him sneaking a little kiss on her nose.

"You seem to like her a lot."

He doesn't say much, only chuckles a bit at my comment. Jungkook then walks deeper into the house and I take the cue to follow behind. We head to the living room and I frown at the sight.

Don't get me wrong, everything is beautiful, expensive as well-obviously. But it shocked me, how lifeless this house seems. Everything was luxurious, too luxurious. It doesn't feel like home, at all.

Jungkook sets Lana down on the sofa softly and stands back, looking at her sleeping figure.

"She looks like you." He comments quietly.

"We're alike in more ways than one, I guess."

He then asks me if I'd like a tour around, I agree immediately with a few nods. Jungkook takes my hand and walks me through the hall. I look down to our linked hands and I blush. His warm touch sends shivers down my spine.

I could get used to this skinship.

We're silent as we walk, and it's the longest I've ever had to travel in a damn house. The trip seemed never ending until we reached a set of stairs.

"Jungkook, is there an elevator?" I dab my temple with the back side of my hand, ridding of the sweat. He turns back to look at me and breaks into a teasing smile at my tired state.

"Do we look that rich? Rich enough to have an elevator at home?"

Honestly, I answer, "Yeah."

"Well I guess we are."

What. The. Hell.

He steps off the first step and leads me around the first floor once more.

I didn't come here to exercise, I really didn't.

Soon after, fortunately for me, I'm pulled into an elevator. I bet this elevator costs more than the building that I live in. I let go of his hand, and lean against the wall, "Your house is really big. I don't walk this much to get to school."

"You're exaggerating," He states. I'm not. A bell rings once and the door of the elevator slides open, revealing another hallway, looking like an endless road. But thankfully his room was behind the first door we meet.

I sat on his bed, and looked around.
His room was rather plain, and empty.
It was surprising, to see this from a boy who showed so many colours in his emotions.It was as if there weren't any signs of life in this room of his.

I let my back meet the mattress.

"Boring room, I know." He plops onto his bed right next to me. Feeling brave in the moment, I roll to my side and plant a kiss on his cheek. Blushing, he grabs my arm and pulls me into his body, hugging my waist.

I mentally scream at the way he's holding me. I rest my chin on his chest, eyes focused on his face.

"Do you think you can stay overnight?"

He didn't just-

"It's okay if you don't want to, I just don't want to leave you."

So you're basically not giving me another choice.

"I'll stay."

He smiles slightly, kissing my forehead.

"Sis?"

I turn my head around to the door and so does Jungkook. There stood Lana, eyes wandering around the luxurious interior of the house, they eventually land on us, who were wrapped in each other's embrace. Flustered, I try to get off of Jungkook but his arms keep me in place.

"Is this a dream?" She asks, possibly referring to the sudden contrast of the environment. Our place looks nowhere near this, of course a little girl like her would dream to live in here. And I don't blame her.

"No, this is Jungkook's house."

"Jungkook who?" Her eyes dart to the man holding me.

I slowly remove his arms off of me and I step down to the floor. "He's my...."

I look to him in question. What are we?

"I'm her boyfriend, nice to meet you miss." Jungkook answers for me, heading over and reaching his hand out to my sister. They greet and I stand there, still shaken up from the name he'd given himself. My boyfriend.

"Would you like to sleep here tonight?" Jungkook squats down to level with her and he takes her tiny hands in his palm. Her face lights up in delight, she then turns to look at me for approval.

"Can we, sis? Can we?"

Little fool, I'm more excited over this than you are.