56: 家

Jungkook and I sit back into the car after sending Lana to the dormitory. A sigh of exhaustion exits my mouth as we sat in silence in the car.

I look at the ring on my finger, and a smile creeps onto my face. I think I would've laughed my butt off from disbelief a month ago, if someone had told me this was what my life became. I don't know what I'd done in my past life to have deserved a second chance with this man. I know there aren't a lot of men out there like him, or even just people in general. His heart has the capacity beyond an average person. I know I'm hard to love.

Jungkook seemed to have caught on when he peered over with a grin. He takes me by the hand, with his thumb skimming over the ring.

"Do you want to go anywhere? It's still nine, we have time."

I gave it a thought. I know he means to celebrate, to go somewhere special. But there is nothing that I want more than to just spend time with him. Nothing flashy, nothing spectacular. "Let's go home."

He cocks his head to the side, "Home it is."

/

It was strange how I'd simply called it home without hesitating which house I'd meant. Jungkook and I haven't even moved in together yet. But it rolled off my tongue so naturally.

Jungkook ended up driving us to his, and for the record, I might've already had his house in mind when I spoke of this home that we supposedly shared. I already had the keys, spent many nights here, and even cooked in its kitchen. It made sense. Home to me is wherever Jungkook is, anyway. Maybe that explains why I'd felt so displaced in the past three years until I met him again. Obviously that, and also the big factor that I was quite literally taken out of my home.

I'm pinning my wet hair up in the bathroom after a warm shower, as Jungkook made his way inside.

"Are you sure you don't want to do anything outside?" He turns to look at me in the mirror, with his hands on the hem of his shirt.

"Unless you do, then no. I'm happy enough with just the idea of being able to 'going home' with you. That's what i'm most excited about." To call him and tell him that I'm 'heading home'. To walk through the door and say 'I'm home'. To find each other in our safe place at the end of the day.

He undresses behind me and steps into the shower, then pops his head back out to leave a quick kiss on the back of my neck. He simply closes the glass door and turns on the shower head. Rich people always have see-through showers. I never quite understand why. You're completely visible until the glass fogs, and even then you aren't completely concealed.

"Aera,"

I rose my brows, pausing with the tooth brush and toothpaste still tight in my hands. I hadn't expected him to keep talking to me. He was naked in the shower, I assume he'd want some silence.

"I want to ask you something."

"Do you want to leave it for later?" I suggested, given how unfitting this situation is for any sort of conversing.

He was silent for a while, before giving me the reluctant, "After I finish up my shower."

Jungkook sounded off, somehow. But I brush it off and continue cleaning my teeth. We carried on our separate tasks in silence. I eventually got to blow drying my hair by the time Jungkook stepped out of the shower dripping wet.

Droplets of water dangle from his hair and drip to his chest. He grabs a tower and wraps it around his torso. I make no effort into hiding it as I took my time to admire his chest from the mirror. Meanwhile the blow dryer in my hand goes unattended and blowing into the air, nowhere near my hair.