70: 海帶頭髮

"Wallet?"

"Check."

"Phone?"

"Mhm."

"Passport?"

"Yeah."

"Your suitcase?"

"...I left it upstairs." Jungkook seemed zoned out as he claimed with an exhale. "I'll go get it."

He strides toward the elevator and I take the time to peak outside, seeing a familiar car pull up in our driveway. Jun is here already. The young man revealed himself when he exited the car and made his way up our porch.

"Hello, Jun." I hook an arm around his neck to bring him into a greeting hug, hand patting on his back. The last time I saw him was when Jungkook had the dinner with that CEO, the night everything changed.

"How've you been?" He asked politely, eyelids morphing into crescents.

"I'm doing better. Jungkook is just upstairs getting his suitcase. He remembered everything but that...would you want to come inside for a glass of water?"

Not waiting for his response, I already headed inside and gestured him to do the same. A shy chuckle leaves his lips as he entered.

It's five minutes later when we were chatting on the sofa when Jungkook entered from the elevator, suitcase tight around his fingers. He walks towards the two of us with a shameful expression on his face.

"How could you forget your suitcase, of all things?" I stand up to acknowledge him.

"I don't know, Aera. Hi Jun." The young man hurried to him and took the suitcase from his hands and proceeded to leave the house. I'm guessing he's loading it in the car.

I sensed that it was time for Jungkook to leave too. He seemed reluctant when his face told me he was thinking the same thing. I step up to him, closing our distance, "I think you have to go now, you're already behind schedule."

Jungkook nodded with his hair slightly bouncing along. Our feet guided us to the doorway where he silently took me into his arms. "I'll be back in two weeks."

I slide a hand up his back, patting it as I took the time to treasure his warmth, his scent, and his strong arms that embraced me. I know Jungkook won't be the only one missing someone. He was holding me so tightly it was starting to affect my breathing. I pat him a little harder, letting him know about it. Jungkook immediately let go, straightening his back as his arms fell back to his sides.

"You look so reluctant to leave me."

"Because I am. You're the only reason why I put up with my job, how am I supposed to get through it when you're not even around?"

I know Jungkook isn't trying to be romantic. He hates his job. He'll need to find another path soon, before this sucks the life out of him. I worry about him, having a life you desperately want to abandon is not a way to live. Eventually it won't matter if I'm next to him or not, he'll be miserable either way. Jungkook will need to face this by himself sooner or later.

"I'm always here," My hands trace his cheeks as I took note of Jun who was still waiting patiently in his car. "Call me when you get to the airport, alright?"

"You're sending me away so soon?" I barely noticed how slickly his hands found their way back around my torso.

"You're already late. Two weeks, then we go on that trip, right? Two weeks will be over with a single blink." I try to encourage him, despite knowing that it's probably not true. These two weeks will be dreadful and long for him.