50: 稀有

It seems to be a normalized routine now, for me to be the first to wake.

I sit up from the bed and turn to look at her; hair in a tangle, and lips parted like a tunnel for flies and spiders. I can't help but let out a snort. She sleeps like an elderly.

Slipping off the bed, I quietly make my way to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth and even managed to take a shower before she woke. My hair is left wet, to abstain from waking Aera with my blow dryer. I opted with a towel instead.

Heading back the bed only to find that she hasn't moved an inch, I took the opportunity to fetch my phone and take a photo to capture her sleeping. I hope she doesn't mind me using it as my wallpaper.

I'd already had my laugh, and gotten my photo. It seemed right to finally wake her up. I shake her on the shoulder. I watch her stir, and fight with her inner self for sleep, then finally accept that she was awake.

Aera's eyes tell of annoyance when they look straight into mine, "Hi."

Letting the end of my lips perk up, i reply, "Hi."

Her eyes shift to my damp hair, and the towel resting on my shoulders, "How long have you been awake?"

"Doesn't matter. Go wash up, I'll give you a ride to work." she nods, reluctantly getting off the mattress. I watch her back as she stumbles into the bathroom. Her bare feet dancing along the wooden floor, my shirt hugging her curves and flowing with her every wobbly step, her messy hair bouncing behind..I really don't mind seeing this for the rest of my life.

"I'll take a taxi, you won't have to drive me." She hollered from the bathroom right as I hear the water run.

"No, I'll drive you." I insist, pulling on the corners of the blanket to tidy it.

Then follows the sound of bottles falling to the floor from the bathroom.

"Shit." I hear her swear under her breath.

Aera really isn't much of a morning person.

———Aera's

"Have a good day at work," Jungkook kisses my crown as he followed me to my desk. I'd told him to let me walk alone from the car, but who am I kidding? It was foolish of me to think for a second that he'd settle with the bare minimum.

"Say hello to Lana for me. We can have a dinner together soon, just the three of us, when my schedule isn't so complicated."

I could only smile as his words put me in a daze. I don't know what I did to end up with him, I really don't. How many men would bother to take their girlfriend to work, and even walk them up to their desk? How many would care for their girlfriend's family so sincerely without even being asked to? How many with such a reputation and status would love you so publicly with no hesitation?

I know his love is too rare for someone like me. But maybe his heart doesn't care about what he does or doesn't get back in return. As the saying goes, the heart wants what it wants..even if it's a complete wreck.

People were looking. But his eyes only looked at mine.

"Text me after you get to the company." Is all I managed to say before he smiled and took off down the hallway.

I was reminded of everyone else's existence after he disappeared from my sight. And they're whispering. Sometimes I wonder if he really doesn't care, because in all honesty, I do. It scares me to hear them talk. I wonder if he's just swallowing all his worries and thoughts for my sake. I know he'd be the type to.

"People are talking about you two, you know." Axl stops next to me with his lips pursed.

I put my bag on the desk and seat myself down, "I noticed."

"Is it really fine? They're not always saying good things, you know." I know Axl is only looking out for me, I can tell from his voice that he has no other intentions. Years of friendship tends to have that effect.

I look up at him and shrug, "What's there to do about it? They won't stop simply because we want them to.. the same way we won't break up just because they don't like seeing us together."

He paused to give an answer, then gave up, "Fair enough."

"I'm not worried about the people here knowing..it scares me more if people at Jungkook's company are talking. Or if paparazzis catch on and try to use it to get cash."

This is the unavoidable when you're with someone who's famous. People dehumanize you, and give you a different treatment than the rest. Sometimes they worship you, which can very easily turn violent when you fail to meet their expectations. In Jungkook's case, he's always walking on eggshells, because everyone's waiting for more reasons to throw more eggs at him. I know that to the media, I'd be nothing more than just another reason.

——
A/N:
it's been a while since i last read anything on here. how often do the other author's update?
where does my updating rate lie on the spectrum?