82: 失眠

Pressure on my face wakes me up from my slumber. I let out a soft groan in confusion. When I open my heavy eyelids, I see Jungkook's arm laid out on my side of the bed with his hand on my face.

Jesus. I take it and throw it back onto his chest. It falls onto his skin with a loud slap. It wasn't enough to wake him, but he stirs with a smack of his lips. He turns his body towards me, nudging his head into my shoulder.

I blinked in realization. Jungkook's sleeping. I woke up and he's still sleeping.

I've lived with him long enough to know what that means. Jungkook was awake the whole night.

I shift myself to face Jungkook and pull him into my embrace as tenderly as possible. He seemed to still be in a drowsy state when he simply dragged a leg over mine and rubbed his head against my chest.

I run my hand through his hair and rest my cheek on his head with a pout. I wonder what other kinds of stress he's hiding from me in that brain. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't keep these things from me, but with the way I am now, I know I'm far from strong enough to carry the weight of two people. It makes me feel helpless and angry with myself. Why can't I just flip a switch and be fine? Why does Jungkook have to do more than I can do for him?

"You're awake?" I lean back when I hear his muffled voice. He lifts his head up and looks at me with his eyes barely open. I smile when he greets me with a grin. Now fully awake, Jungkook wraps an arm around my torso and I feel his hand running up and down my skin.

"So soft." He grinned into my chest, and leaving tender kisses. I scoff despite being absolutely swooned by how baby he looks in my arms.

"You're disgusting."

"No, I mean it," He looked up just to meet my eyes, then dug himself right back in, "It wasn't this soft before."

"Maybe you're just too tired," I said, taking this opportunity to bring it up.

"Did you sleep okay?" I tried asking, and in that moment he removes himself from me and sits up. I watch worriedly with my head still on the pillow.

"Yeah!" He exhaled, "I slept alright." He slipped off of the bed and headed towards the closet, probably to grab a pair of pants to wear, "You? Did you sleep well?"

I shake my head, "Liar. You didn't even sleep."

He turns to look at me for a second, then breaks the gaze to slip on his sweatpants. Jungkook slowly made his way back onto the bed and I couldn't keep the frown off of my face.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook fell back onto the mattress and reached for my waist to hug me. I let him and helped him move my body onto his.

"I just had a lot to think about last night," He hooked his chin over my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I rested myself at the crook of his neck, closing my eyes, and simply waiting for him to talk about it.

"Can you let me in on what you were thinking?"

"You want to hear it?"

I lean away from Jungkook and rest my head on my hand, "Of course I do,"

I'm laying on the bed wearing nothing but my underpants, and my hair is an unflattering tangled mess. I don't need to know what my face looks like now. But after so many mornings with him, you start forgetting to care. And when you realize he still looks at you like you are the most beautiful woman on earth, you learn that you don't have to care.

"I don't know what to tell you," Jungkook had a sullen look on his face as he ran a hand through my hair, "I just...I don't know. We've been here for two weeks. And last night I was kind of panicking, I guess. I don't think I'm ready to go back."